Chapter 13: Meet me outside, Tine

Tine's POV

Over the next few days, there were no other messages from Sarawat, but there were many news alerts about him — Apparently he likes to frequent this one coffee shop in Beijing every morning. He eats some bread while sitting in the cafe and checks his phone. Then he takes his coffee to go and walks out of the cafe. At nights, he frequents this particular ice cream store —  all alone, with just his security by his side.

According to the news, he is establishing a new subsidiary of his company in China and there was a big party for it. He was also spotted meeting some political leaders. I was scrolling through all of his pictures on my iPad, while sitting on my bed and I noticed, he doesn't smile in any of his photos, unless he is at an event and he is supposed to look happy. Even then, its just his fakes smile that you see everywhere. But he does look cute a little in  his pictures.

"Tine? Why are you staring at Sarawat's pictures and smiling like an idiot?"

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Pear creeped on me out of nowhere and my iPad went flying on the floor.

"Pear! You can't just come into my room unannounced without even making any noise! At least try to knock!" I got up, picked up my tablet and quickly closed the screen.

"I did make noise and I did knock. You were just too busy staring at your crush."

"I do not have a crush on Sarawat. What's wrong with you?"

"There is nothing wrong with me, but clearly there is a lot wrong with you. Lucky for you, I don't have the patience to unpack it all right now. Why aren't you ready yet? Sammy told me your father will be here any minute. I wanted to meet him before I leave for Christmas party with my parents"

"He's here already? He was supposed to be here at 6pm"

"Tine.. Its 6:10pm."

"What? Its 6 already?" I have been staring at Sarawat's pictures for the last 2 hours? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with me?

"Yes it is.  What, did you lose track of time while staring at your crush "

"SHUT UP! I do not have a crush on anyone, Pear. We are not talking about Sarawat anymore. I am going to get changed and then lets go out"

My phone buzzed, right when I stepped into my dressing room. It was the devil who was living in my head rent free.

Sarawat[06:12pm]: Merry Christmas. I just got back

"Why is he telling me this? I don't care whether he got back or not"

I quickly changed my clothes and by the time I went downstairs, dad had already arrived. He looked happier than ever. Leaving Thailand had definitely worked out for me. While mom and dad were both into politics, when they got divorced and mom's name in politics got bigger, dad decided he needed to diversify and do something else — He couldn't handle being overshadowed by his ex wife. So he took up an ambassador position abroad, before permanently settling in Singapore.

"Hey dad. How was the flight?" I went ahead and hugged him tightly.

"It was good. Why have you gotten slimmer since the last time I saw you? Is your mom not giving you any food? She is always too busy."

"Lets not do this dad. Come on" He just laughed it off and I was thanking the gods that mom didn't hear his comment.

"I know. I know. I need to go meet everyone in the office and then we can sit down for dinner. Do you want to come with me?"