Chapter 23: Come with me, Tine

Tine's POV
I slumped on my bed just as Sarawat left. The same bed which now smelt like sex and Sarawat. Mil was right, I definitely needed to wash these bedsheets before the housing staff gets here.

Pain and tiredness was rushing through my veins, now that the adrenaline inducing boy had left my room.

I stayed like that for a few minutes, taking in the last bits of Sarawat's smell when Mil called me on the phone.

"Hey Mil. What's up?"

"Your packaged has been dropped securely and now he is, hopefully, on the way back to his house"

"Thank you so much, Mil. And I am really sorry for the extra stress I have been giving you lately"

"You don't need to apologise to me, Tine. I am literally just doing my work."

"I know, but still. Take the day off, catch on some sleep, or go out. I'll tell the security head I forced you into playing games with me"

"You don't have to do that, Tine. And you do have a few things on your schedule today. I can't go on leave"

"I am cancelling those. I need some rest too. I hardly got any sleep the past week. Just take the day off Mil. Goodbye--"

"Wait Tine. Listen, did Sarawat say anything about Phukong to you?"

"What about Phukong?"

"Umm. Just between us, I think Phukong has issues with alcohol. He was so drunk at the New Year's party, I was worried he would get alcohol poisoning and I might have to take him to the ER. But I remember he was just as drunk at his own birthday party too."

"It was his birthday and then the New Year's, Mil. Maybe the boy just wanted to let lose"

"I don't know, Tine. I could brush off his behavior on New Year's but could you let lose on your birthday party if it was attended by all the biggest businessmen and politicians of the country, including the Prime Minister?"

"You do have a point actually.."

"I am not implying anything. May be I am wrong. But you know I had my own issues with liquor in college, it took me a really long time to get over it and quit drinking completely. I see similar signs with Phukong too. I just think if you are close to Sarawat, you should mention that to him in passing"

"I will definitely talk to Sarawat about it the next time I see him. And hey Mil?"

"Yeah?"

"I know you have been through a lot and you don't like talking about it, but if you ever need a friend to just to, know that I am always here"

"Yeah. Yeah. I know. Now, go sleep. I think you need it more than me. If the pain is too much, let me know and I will get you some medicines."

"Uh. GOODBYE MIL. Let's not talk for a few days"

I took the bedsheet from the bed and washed it in the bathtub just as much I could to take off all the smell, and then finally went to sleep.

It felt like I had hardly slept for a few minutes when I heard Pear burst through my bedroom door.

"Tine? What the hell? Why are you still depressed and in your bed? Did the plan B fail?" I checked the time on my phone, it was still 9am. Oh for heaven's sake.

"Pear for the last time, knock before you come in. I need sleeping, let's talk later"

"No I will not talk later." Instead of leaving, Pear did the exact opposite of what I asked. She sat down on my bed. "What's wrong? Why are you still in bed? Why is there no bedsheet here? And why are your eyes are all swollen?"

"My eyes are swollen because I slept at 5am after seeing Sarawat off and you woke me up at 9 am. So I have basically only had four hours of sleep. Now, can you PLEASE leave?"

"WAIT, WHAT!!! Sarawat was here? In your room? I saw him leave the party, how did he end up at your room?"

I was still half asleep and my eyes refused to open. "I called him back. Mil helped him get to my room without anyone seeing. Its not a big deal."

"WHATTT!! Tine Teapakorn, you better get up right now and give me all the details because it is a big deal. Fuck, when you told me you needed lube and condoms I really thought you were being over optimistic. But you really got him, didn't you?"

"I guess I did." I faint smile cracked through my lips as the memories of last night came rushing back. "Seriously Pear, my whole body is in pain. I need some sleep."

"I am sure it is. Okay fine I'll leave for now, but tell me — did you finally end up telling Sarawat you like him?"

Pear's sudden question brought me out of my daze and I sprung up on my bed. "Umm.. no actually I forgot to tell him that"

"What do you mean you forgot? Isn't that what you wanted to talk about? Isn't that why you tricked him into meeting you in the tea room?"

"Well.. we didn't really talk much.."

"Wow. Tine. You absolute whore. Did he at least tell you he likes you?"

"Umm. No. But he asked me out for dinner — which will be after two full weeks because that's when we'll both be free and in the same city"

"Dinner is a good first step. Does that mean you are dating him now?"

"No. No. Noooo. I am not dating Sarawat. I guess, we'll just see how it goes? It's all too new. I don't want to rush into this. I can't afford to rush into this. I don't even know if I can date Sarawat given the lives that we live."

"But all that aside, would you date Sarawat if there weren't any consequences?"I looked right at Pear, taking in her question. But before I could even try to answer her question, my phone started ringing. It was Sarawat, he was video calling me.

Dammit, I look so pathetic right now.

"Oh my god, is Sarawat really calling you?"

"Pear, get out of my room right now"

"You are asking me to get out of your room just because you have a new guy in your life? Tine, we have been friends for 15 years."

"Yes, and I love you, but Pear you seriously need to leave right now." I almost pushed Pear off of my bed so she would finally leave before the phone stops ringing.

"Fine, I am leaving, but you better give me minute-by-minute details of last night later."

"Shut the door!!"

I fixed my hair a bit as Pear left and picked up the video call.

"Hey! Did I wake you up? " Sarawat seemed to be sitting in a jet.

"No. No. I am up. Are you in the plane? Leaving already?"

"Yeah, I am about to take off in some time, but I just realised I forgot something"

"What?"

"You"

Sarawat's sudden confession made me blush, which I couldn't hide this time. So, I just smiled back at him. "We are back to cheesy comebacks then?"

"Hey, that wasn't a comeback, I really mean it. Look, there is an empty seat next to me that could be yours. We could be in Beijing together for a week."

"Sarawat... "

"Just say yes, my jet will stay on the runway for as long as it takes for you to get here"

"Sarawat... "

"We could have our dinner in Beijing, then breakfast, and then some lunch. There won't be much press following us there, we could go anywhere we wanted to."

"Sarawat.. "

"You are going to say no, aren't you?"

----

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I have been planning out the next 10 chapters.

Next chapter, Sarawat and Tine meet again and things get heated up pretty quickly 🔥🔥🔥