Chapter 35: People in Love

"Wat, Would you go back to music if you didn't have to take over the company?"

"In a heartbeat."

Tine's POV

I felt conflicted hearing his response. On one side, I was sad to know that he was being forced to do something everyday that he didn't even like. But on the other side, I felt comforted knowing that we could survive and come out of this entire mess together, even if the world found out about us.

Loving Sarawat was the easiest thing in the world, but staying with him and keeping him by my side was turning out to be the most difficult thing I had to do in my life.

So, I just chose to be silent and finished up my breakfast. This wasn't the time for that difficult conversation. We had only been dating a few weeks and we had already had our own share of difficult conversations. Maybe once we came back from the trip.

Sarawat's phone beeped and it brought me out of my thoughts.

"Ah, fuck. I might have to go to the office early today. I was hoping to go late today to spend more time with you."

"That's okay. I am free now anyway. I can make time for you whenever you want. Maybe we can go for dinner today?

"Dinner.. sounds very nice actually."

"Great. I'll just text Mil to send a car to pick me up. He dropped me here last night because I was drunk."

"Oh NO! WAIT!" Sarawat suddenly got up from his chair. "Dammit, I forgot your birthday gift. Come with me."

"What? Where?"

Sarawat pulled me by my arm, dragged me downstairs, and opened the gate to his parking lot.

"Sarawat Guntithanon.. are you crazy?"

"Do you like it?" Sarawat was smiling ear to ear while my mouth was still open in shock.

"No, seriously, are you absolutely batshit crazy? Did you just have extra money lying around and you didn't know how to spend it?"

"Just tell me if you like it, Tine."

"Seriously, Sarawat, how rich are you? Because now, I feel like I have underestimated your net worth."

Sarawat winked at me. "You probably have underestimated it. But that's not the point right now. TELL ME IF YOU LIKE IT?"

It was a black Mercedes, limited edition that hadn't even launched officially — Exactly the same as Sarawat's car that I had driven when we went to have lunch for the first time together. I knew this wasn't Sarawat's car because this one had my birth date on the license plate.

"Do I like it? Wat, I absolutely love it but I am not sure if I can even accept this gift from you."

"Of course you can. You are my boyfriend, I want to give you everything that you like in this world."

"Okay, first of all, that was really cheesy. And secondly, I can't accept this expensive gift because of... mom, and Sammy, and the elections. People will start speculating how and where I got a car like and mom won't—"

"Tine.." Sarawat put his hands on my shoulder to calm me down. "I took care of everything. The number plate is your birthday but the car is still under my name because I thought it might create problems with the press. If anyone asks, you can just say you are borrowing my car. Once the elections are over, we can put the car under your name."