Chapter 15: I don't bite, Tine

"So, you wanted to kidnap me? Sounds pretty kinky. But if you are into it, I don't really mind.
Take me to your secret night place, Tine"

Tine's POV

I gave a disgusted look to Sarawat. "Can you go like an hour without your weirdass comebacks and unncessary euphemisms?"

"I most definitely can, but not when I am around you" I wanted to respond, but when I turned turned sideways towards Sarawat, I realised his eyes were closed and he was slumping into the car seat.

"You sure you want to go there, Sarawat? Honestly, its not as fun as it sounds. We can just head back. I am sure you must be really tired. "

"Hmm.. I am a little tired but I like this." Sarawat rolled down his windows. "It will take an hour for us to get there right? I am going to take a quick nap. Tell me when we reach your special place, okay?"

For the next hour, I drove quietly to my destination. Sarawat had fallen into a deep sleep as soon as he closed his eyes again and I realised how very tired he must have been. I thought I would use this drive to think more about mom and dad, and what I could do to resolve all the tension between them.

But instead, my mind of filled with Sarawat, and his actions that didn't make sense to me. And my actions that didn't make sense to me. I could have called Fong or Pear tonight. I could have just driven to their house, but instead I called Sarawat and I couldn't find a rational reason behind it.

When we finally reached the destination, the car stopped with a jerk and Sarawat suddenly woke up. He looked so sleepy, disoriented, and oh so cute.

"Did we reach already?"

"Yeah. Do you want to get out?"

Sarawat looked up at the moonless sky, but when he looked down, that's when it hit him where we were.

"Tine... you brought us to a .. beach?"

"Yeah. Lets get out"

Sarawat seemed a bit flustered and confused, but he still got out. The night breeze was colder out on the beach. Just the perfect amount to numb your mind without freezing you completely. I took a few steps towards the water to feel the fresh air.

"This used to be a private beach till a few years ago when the fraud businessman who owned it went to jail. Now its the property of the government. No one knows about it beause it is still in foreclosure and not a public property just yet."

Sarawat was still standing near the car. "So you used confidential government documents to find yourself a hideout?"

"This is technically public information — If you look up for court transcripts of this particular case.

Now, are you going to sit here on the beach with me and or will you just in the in the car?"Sarawat took his blazer from the car and laid it over the sand.

"Lets lie down, Tine. I am too tired to just sit here"

There he was — Sarawat Guntithanon, lying down at my secret beach hideout over his Prada blazer. He had left half of the space out for me and it tugged a few strings in my heart.

"Uh. Its-Its okay, I am comfortable with the sand. That blazer isn't big enough for both of us anyway"

"The sand is still cold, Tine and I have enough space for you. Just come here already. I don't bite"

"Who knows? May be you do"

Sarawat smirked. "You know.. may be I do bite. I guess you'll just have to take a chance on me. If you are scared of me, you can just accept it, and sit far away from me."