Chapter 33 : I have always loved you

"It means you need to decide if Sarawat is your forever.

If he is, all these sacrifices will hopefully be worth it one day. But if he isn't, you will regret it for the rest of your life."

Tine's POV

I walked out of the dining hall with mom's words still reverberating in my ears.

Was Sarawat my forever?

I had no idea.

I didn't even know if there was a thing called forever. My parents said they loved each other, vowed to be together forever and ever, but their forever only lasted 15 years, and then they went their separate ways. Yet, I was being told to think about forever with Sarawat because of his family and his surname.

After mom retired back to her bedroom, I went to the kitchen, picked up a few beer cans from the fridge, and headed straight towards the back exit. I needed to clear my head. The house was starting to suffocate me, reminding me of all the burdens that I wouldn't have on me if mom wasn't the Prime Minister and we didn't live here.

"Where are you going with this much beer?" Mil sneaked up on me out of nowhere, just like he always did.

"Take out my Rover from the parking lot. I am going for a drive."

"Drive? Where? To Sarawat's house?"

"No. Alone"

"And you are planning to take the beer with you?"

"Yes, I just want to drive. Alone. Drink a little and clear my head. Is that too much to ask around here? Can you just take out my damn car?"

"You cannot just drink beer and drive, Tine." Mil tried to snatch the beer away, but I shoved him back roughly instead.

"Hey! You can't tell me what to do. I am Tine fucking Teepakorn. Just do as I said, Mil — Take out my car or I will take a cab from here. Then you and Sammy can deal with all of those consequences later."

In an instant, Mil shoved me back and the pack of beers fell right out of my hands. "I actually can tell you what to do when you are planning to break the law, Tine Teepakorn.

Seriously, what is wrong with you today? Didn't you just have dinner with the Prime Minister? Did something happen? Why do you seem so pissed?"

"I don't want to talk about it, Mil. I just want to go out and get some fresh air. So, can you PLEASE take my car out?"

Mil took a deep breath and picked up the beer cans from the floor. "Okay, how about I make you a better deal? I will drive the car and take you wherever you want to go while you sit next to me and drink your beer."

I looked up. By now, I had realised there was no way Mil would let me go out with these beers by my own. So, I closed my eyes and finally gave in. "Fine. Whatever gets me some fresh air and beer. But you are not allowed to talk to me."

"Whatever gets you to not drink and drive."

/

/

/

Mil had kept his promise and stayed silent throughout the ride. I was chugging my third can of beer when I realised, we were on the highway.

"Where are we even going?"

"To that lame closed off beach you always drive to when you want to clear your head. Isn't that where you were planning to go anyway?"

"I was... but how do you even know about that place?"

"It is literally my job to track you 24/7. Of course I know about that place, Tine. Didn't you take Sarawat there on Christmas too?"