Chapter 14: Kidnap me

"Okay, meet me outside in hour. I'll be waiting for you on the backside gate right where I left you last time."

Tine's POV

I kept checking the clock till it was finally time to leave. There was no staff in the house tonight, but that only made it difficult for me to sneak out because any movement would be easily seen on the CCTVs. Its not like the guards could stop me, but if Mil saw me, he would either want to accompany me or report directly to mom. I couldn't deal with either of those things.

So, I took out my black sweatshirt and cap and quickly peeked outside my room. Mom and dad were long gone and there were no guards inside the house. The lights were dimmed out as I made my way through the stairs and slowly walked towards the exit when someone tapped on my shoulder.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"FUCK! Where did you even come from? Are you some kind of ninja?"

"Where are you going Tine?"

"I am going out to get some fresh air"

"Okay, let me call the team. What car will you be taking?"

"NO! I am going alone Mil. Nobody will be accompanying me and I am not taking my car"

"Then how are you going out?"

"Umm. Sarawat is picking me up. I am going with him. Just a casual drive"

Mil rolled his eyes at me. "Casual drive on Christmas eve with Sarawat?"

"Mil its really not what you think. Actually—"

"No. No. No. Don't give me any details. If you tell me, I will be obligated to answer to your mom. It is not my place to know so I won't ask you anything. Just tell me how far you will be going and by when will you be back?"

"I don't know where I am going yet. I will be back in a few hours. Don't spend your night trying to track me Mil. Get some sleep. I promise I won't get into any trouble"

"Okay, but you better be back before 6 — The house staff will come back after that. Reporters will also be here for your mom's Christmas address, and someone might see you sneaking into the house."

"I know. I know. I will be back soon"

I walked towards the backsite gate and gave the security guards stationed on the gate some Christmas cookies that we had inside the house. I wasn't trying to bribe them, I just felt incredibly bad that they had to work all through Christmas night, away from their families.

When I finally stepped outside the gate, Sarawat was already leaning against his car. He was wearing a crisp white dress shirt and black pants. He probably wore a tuxedo for the party and took off his bow tie and suit on the way. He looked tired, like someone who hadn't slept for days and I instantly felt guilty for asking him to come all the way here.

"Hey, shall we go?"

That's all he said. He didn't smile. He didn't ask how I was. May be it was because we still had security guards around us and he probably didn't want to seem too friendly in front of them. So, I just went along with his rouge, hoping his mood would brighten up when we get inside the car, like last time.

"Yeah. Lets go"

Sarawat flaunted the keys in his hands, but he didn't give it to me. Instead, he walked dangerously close to me and whispered in my ears. "Don't ride it too rough. This isn't a Ferrari. Its delicate and its old"

I tried to hide my very obvious blush and took a few step backs to create some distance between us so I wouldn't be able to smell Sarawat or feel his breath on my neck.