Chapter 24: Baby, I know places

"You are going to say no, aren't you?"

Tine's POV

I chuckled. "Is it like a billionaire thing to try and whisk people away in private jets? I think I saw it in a movie before. Be honest Sarawat, has this trick ever worked on other people?"

Sarawat smirked a little. "I don't know. I haven't tried it on other people. Just you, Tine"

I shook my head, still unable to believe him. "I can't just leave everything and show up whenever you want me to, Sarawat. You know I don't live that kind of life"

Sarawat got closer to the phone and whispered. "The way you were moaning my name last night really made me think you would show up whenever I wanted you to."

"SARAWAT! I was not doing that. Absolutely not"

"I beg to differ. I have a very distinct memory of you lying beneath and .."

"OH MY GOD! Stop talking already! What happened to the guy I met last night who was an absolute nervous wreck in my bed? Where is your innocent twin? I would like to talk to that guy instead"

"Hey! I was in shock! I went into the dinner thinking your mother had invited me for an important business summit. Little did I know, her son had plans to corner me and attack me when no one was looking."

"I do not remember attacking you. I do, however, remember you wrapping your arms around me and practically begging me to kiss you"

"Was I begging now?" Sarawat was grining and I was smiling back at him. "But seriously, when can I see you? Because I really want to see you. For the record, this is me begging."

"Saturday, two weeks from now."

"Saturday, huh?" Sarawat fiddled with his phone a bit. "Well, you are in luck, Tine Teepakorn. I am free the whole Saturday. You are going to be with me the whole day and don't you dare use any excuses."

"I won't."

I heard someone call Sarawat's name from the background and he looked away.

"Uh. The plane needs to take off. Last chance — You sure you can't come with me, Tine? Not even for a day? You could be back in Bangkok by tomorrow morning"

"I—I can't leave the country on a whim. There are procedures in place. Plus, I don't think I can tolerate you for 24 hours"

"Ouch" Sarawat faked a heart ache. "Tine Teapakorn, that was a little too mean and you know it"

"Welll, may be it was. What are you going to do about it?"

"I am going to think of all the ways to punish you the next time I see you."

"We'll see about that. Good bye"

***

Sarawat didn't text me or call in me in the following days. Not that I minded it too much, I was too busy preparing for the Chiang Mai trip. I did, however, get daily news updates about Sarawat online. He was visiting the same bakery in the morning and the same ice cream parlor in the night — all alone again. There weren't any pictures of him during the day, so I just guessed he was busy working.

When I got to Chiang Mai with Mom, Sammy, and some of the other staff from the Prime Minister's Office, my days got even busier. So busy, that I could only look at Sarawat's pictures for a few minutes in a day. Showing up with mom meant I had to be on my A-game. She was campaigning in the city and meeting with trade unions to secure support for the reelections.