Chapter 19: You are stuck with me💋

Tine's POV

"The three piece suit was a good choice, Tine" Pear was standing behind me as I fixed my suit buttons in front of the mirror.

"Just thought I would bring some 'business' with my clothes to the business summit party"

"You sure you didn't just dress up for Sarawat?"

I turned back to Pear and huffed. "Why would I dress up for him? And for the love of god, can we not mention his name?"

"He still hasn't called you yet, has he?"

"If he had, would we be going to this boring, godforaken business summit?"

"I can't believe you roped me into attending this party. I don't even know any of the invitees. Has Sarawat even RSVP'ed?"

"Sammy says he has. And I need you there for my plan B, incase plan A doesn't work."

"And what exactly is your plan A?"

"Ummm." I looked at my shoes. "I am just going to walk up to him and talk to him directly"Pear gasped. "Seriously Tine, you went through all this trouble to invite Sarawat to the business summit just so you could try talking to him directly?"

"Well, I want to give him a chance to explain himself. May be its all a misunderstanding. May be his phone died and he was too busy to get it fixed."

"Sure, that sounds absolutely believable to me. His phone died and he couldn't get it fixed or buy a new one in the last 10 days"

"Just—just shut up Pear, and help me out if I need to go to plan B. Okay?"

"I will. But you need to be careful, Tine. This isn't the New Year's party with drunk people all around. This is the business summit with businessmen coming from all across the world. There is no room for even the smallest mistake."

"I know. I know. I remember that.

Let's go. Its almost time."

Mom was already standing in the banquet hall waiting to receive all the digniteries, which including ministers, businessmen, and ambassadors. We had setup a huge dining table in the hall to accomodate everyone for a formal sit-down dinner.

The business summit was a formal event with limited guests, so the drinks were to be served in the cocktail room, towards the right of the dining hall. That way everyone could move around and talk to each other, before they finally made their way to the dinner. There is also a comparatively smaller tea room on the right of the dinning hall, which we usually open if we are serving lunch. But we had closed it out for this dinner.

The guests had started arriving and I stood right next to mom to welcome them. We shook hands and directed them towards the cocktail room.

People came and went, and for a while I really thought Sarawat was so adamant about ignoring me that he wouldn't come to this event too. But just as I was about to lose hope, I saw him walking up to me.

He was wearing his signature all-black suit and just watching him walk towards me made my heart skip a beat. For a second, I truly contemplated dragging him out of the party and kidnapping him. He did say he was into it and he wouldn't mind if I kidnapped him?

It was Mom's voice that finally brought me back to reality and I realised Sarawat was standing right in front of us.

"It's so good you could to see here. Sarawat. How is your father doing these days?"

"He's doing good. Thank you so much for inviting me" Sarawat cracked a small smile but it was gone just as quickly as it came.

"Of course. I have been hearing great things about how you are expanding the company operations in China. I am sure you'll be the one heading the company in no time"