FIFTEEN [FREDDIE & MEELY]

When Amelia arrived in the common room after McGonagall's dance lesson, she was surprised to find Fred standing by the fireplace, in his casual clothes instead of his robes, with a Muggle radio sitting on one of the side tables.

"What's going on?" Amelia asked hesitantly, setting her bag down on the couch.

Fred grin. "I felt bloody awful about missing a chance to dance with you, so I figured we could have our own lesson."

He held out his hand, and she took it, a tentative smile slowly appearing on her lips.

"Just try not to step on my feet, alright?"

"No promises."

He set a hand on her waist, careful to not place it too high or too low, and she moved her free hand to his shoulder.

The Muggle radio played a Celine Dion song that had been released over the summer, and it was slow enough to comfortably sway to.

"You know this song?" He asked quietly, leaning down a little to speak directly in her ear.

She felt a flush of heat flood her cheeks, and she nodded.

"Yeah," Amelia replied as he spun her around. "Bellamy really likes this singer, so we went to the record store the day the album came out to get it."

Fred pulled her back to him, holding her just the slightest bit tighter.

"You're an awful dancer, Freddie." She whispered. "Honestly, didn't Molly ever teach you any rhythm?"

He laughed, shoving her away.

"Oh, sod off, Meely."

call me captain haley because i love this ship