SEVENTY SIX [HALLOWEEN]

Halloween in the wizarding world was very similar to that in the muggle world; the first year that the Weasleys and the Bishops had lived in their apartment in Diagon Alley, young wizards and witches had come by the shop on Halloween to go trick or treating with their parents.

But this year, with a full blown war going on, no one came by to beg for candy. And it was depressing.

Ginny,

Happy Halloween!

I know your letters are being monitored by the Carrows—Neville told me—so I won't say anything that could get you in trouble. But I just want to make sure you know that your brothers and Bellamy and me love you so much.

Also, Fred finally let me out of the house! (That sounds so bad, he's not controlling me I swear, he just wants to protect me and make sure I don't do anything stupid.) We went went into muggle London and picked up some groceries since we don't want to do any shopping in Diagon Alley right now.

Oh, there's a bunch of candy for you and your friends in this parcel, too! Make sure to share with Neville and Luna, alright? There's stuff from Honeydukes but also muggle sweets—there's something called a peanut butter cup? Not sure what it is but it's really quite good!

Don't stress out too much, Gin. I'll see you at Christmas, but write back when you can. Stay out of trouble for me, please.

I love you,

Meely.

Amelia sighed, signing and sealing the letter to Ginny. She tied it, as well as a package full of candies, to the leg of her owl and sent it flying out the window.

These were dark times. Amelia wasn't sure how to make them brighter.

another one