FIFTY SIX [93 DIAGON ALLEY]

Amelia set down the last box of her clothes in one of the two bedrooms of 93 Diagon Alley and surveyed the room before her: a double bed, with a wardrobe and a full length mirror, and across the hall was another bedroom, built exactly the same.

And down the stairs was Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

She crept down those stairs, hearing the chatter of her sister and the boys as she got closer.

"Oh, hi, love," Fred said sweetly, pulling her in for a hug. "We were just talking about you."

Amelia raised her eyebrows. "All good things, right?"

Fred laughed and kissed her on the forehead. "Of course. We were discussing the plans for the shop and how you and Bellamy fit into them."

The shop itself was just bare bones at this point, boxes and boxes of various merchandise scattered around the store; the only real thing that differentiated the ground floor of their building from any other establishment was the large counter that held the register towards the back of the store.

"I've already agreed to do all the bookkeeping, since these two suck at math." Bellamy said, her gaze far away as she seemed to be envisioning all that the shop could be.

George rolled his eyes before responding: "And since Fred and I are clearly the brains of the operation, we'll be doing the product development and marketing."

"So where does that leave me?" Amelia asked.

She wondered what her boyfriend had planned for her, for the mischevous look on his face made her worry that they would be testing the products on her.

"Well, if it's alright with you," Fred began. "We thought you could work register. It'd give you something to do everyday, but on slow days it would also give you plenty of time to write."

Her cheeks flushed at the mention of writing; she'd mentioned, offhandedly, of course, that her dream was to be a novelist, at least a few dozen times over the years, but she didn't think that he would have remembered.

"Really?" Amelia whispered, an excited smile breaking onto her pretty face.

"Really."

i hate this chapter SO much but it was necessary exposition