NINETY FIVE [OTTERY ST. CATCHPOLE]

Days spent at the Diggory household, with a childless father and two motherless daughters, was an interesting affair.

Amos did his best to entertain the girls on days where Fred and George weren't able to visit, but the Bishop twins had nothing in common with Amos Diggory.

To be fair to him, he was very lenient with what he allowed Amelia and Bellamy to do around the house. Of course they were not allowed outdoors—that was a given, seeing as Ottery St. Catchpole was a wizarding village and there was not a single soul who didn't read the Daily Prophet and therefore didn't know that the twins were wanted by the Ministry.

All he asked of them was that they helped with cooking, cleaned up their messes, and didn't make too much noise after nine in the evening. He didn't complain when they played ABBA or Celine Dion loudly throughout the day; that being said, they did cast a noise-proofing charm on their bedrooms, so there was a fair chance that he simply didn't know about the loud music.

It truly was strange, though, for Amelia to live in the house of a boy who thought she was the most annoying person to ever walk the face of the earth. There were traces of Cedric everywhere, from photographs of him in the living room and lining the halls, to the large C painted on one of the doors down the hall from the twins' bedrooms.

She was reminded every day that he was someone's son, and that that someone grieved for him every second. It didn't help that Cedric's eyes in each picture seemed to follow her.

One of the more positive things about staying with Amos Diggory was that Amelia's nightmares had almost completely stopped. She no longer woke up in a cold sweat, a scream ripping out of her throat while images of her friends' lifeless faces flashed through her mind.

Bellamy seemed better, too. After Valentine's Day, when they saw the Death Eater just feet away from them at the beach, she had been jumpy, easily spooked. She had stopped once they moved safe houses. She didn't feel the need to constantly look over her shoulder anymore.

All in all, the new residents of the Diggory house saw their lives as a mixed bag: some positives to outway the negatives.

hahahahahaha positives ;)