FORTY [AMELIA & BELLAMY]

bellamy

is fred still in your room?

amelia

yeah

he's asleep

bellamy

can you kick him out?

i need my sister right now

amelia

alright he's gone

Bellamy immediately crawled into her sister's bed, just like when they were young, burrowing her face in the pillows to hide her tear-stained cheeks.

"Bels, what's wrong? Talk to me." Amelia cooed, stroking Bellamy's blonde hair with a gentle hand.

It was not very often that the elder twin saw her sister cry—in fact, Amelia could count on one hand the amount of times that that'd happened. Amelia had always been the more emotional sister; she laughed louder, cried harder, and felt her anger more furiously than her own twin, than anyone she'd ever known, really.

Bellamy took a deep breath before speaking. "George and I h-had a fight." She struggled to get the words out, nearly choking on the syllables.

"Oh, darling, I'm sorry. What happened?" Amelia tried her best to soothe her sister, but the hiccuppy sob that came from Bellamy's mouth proved that her words did nothing but agitate her.

Bellamy curled up, head resting on her sister's shoulder. "He wants to leave Hogwarts early—open up a shop with Fred. Blow off the rest of seventh year for a joke shop." She whimpered, one hand fumbling across the blankets for her sister's own hand.

Amelia frowned. "Let me guess—you don't support this idea?" Not that she did, either, but even so, she was trying to gague Bellamy's reaction.

"I wouldn't care if he had just told me!" Bellamy sounded miserable. "But he didn't! I had to hear it from Potter. Apparently Harry gave them his Triwizard Tournament winnings to put a deposit down in Diagon Alley."

This was the first Amelia had heard of it, and quite honestly, she too felt betrayed that her boyfriend of nearly a year hadn't told her. Sure, she'd known from the beginning that that was his dream, to open up a joke shop. But Amelia had always thought he meant in a few years, once they were more financially stable, not now.

Thankfully, Bellamy had fallen asleep soon after, giving Amelia a chance to slip out from her sister's embrace and go track down her boyfriend.

i don't like this chapter