FORTY SEVEN [12 GRIMMAULD PLACE]

Reese,

    Yes, everything is fine. Apparently, Fred's father was attacked at the Ministry. He's fine now, but things were quite touch and go for a while. Fred never admitted it, but I think we were all afraid that Arthur wasn't going to make it for a bit.

    Anyway, I miss you too! How's your holiday going? Is your mum still bugging you to go into a Muggle career? If she is, honestly, I say just follow your heart.

    Okay, well, I ought to be going down for breakfast, so I'll talk to you later!

Love,

Amelia.

Amelia sealed the letter to Reese and sent it off with Fred's owl before racing down the stairs to join the others in the kitchen.

To say that seeing Sirius Black making pancakes for her and the Weasley family was not the weirdest thing she'd seen in her life, was honestly quite surprising.

But the ex-convict was actually very agreeable. He was kind, incredibly funny, and he had countless stories, even some about her own mother from when they went to school together.

So as Amelia sat at the kitchen table, her feet propped on Fred's lap, she listened to Sirius speak about all the crazy things her mother did while scarfing down a surprisingly good breakfast.

"I'm not kidding!" Sirius exclaimed from the stove. "Your mother was Head Girl my third year, but she was not a star student behind the scenes. She was honestly the biggest partier I've ever seen."

Ron turned to Amelia. "Wait, your mum went to Hogwarts? I thought you were muggleborn?" He said, his statement posed more as a question.

"No, I'm not. A few Slytherins assumed that I was at the very beginning of first year, and it stuck, but my mum's a witch. My dad was a muggle. So that makes me a half-blood." Amelia explained before shoveling a forkful of pancakes doused in maple syrup into her mouth.

Ginny, who had been listening intently, cocked her head to the side.

"Was?" She asked.

The brunette gave her a sad smile. "Yeah, my dad passed when I was fifteen. Mum took Bellamy and me out of school for a week for the funeral."

"Oh, Merlin, Meely, I'm sorry! I had no idea." Ginny said, going in for a hug.

Squeezing her back, Amelia replied, "Don't worry about it, Gin."

tag urself im the dead parent trope