SEVENTY [HOGWARTS]

JUNE 30, 1977

Amelia's heart broke a little bit more every time it beat, and as she Apparated into Hogsmeade with Fred by her side, she tried to keep her tears at bay.

Hogwarts was a wreck, students and faculty falling apart in each other's arms over the news that Amelia had just heard herself:

Albus Dumbledore was dead. Killed by a Death Eater, or the Malfoy boy that caused her so much irritation, or anyone, really; it didn't matter, at least to her, who did it. All that mattered was that he was dead, right on the brink of war when they needed him most.

Amelia shoved her way through the hoardes of students on the grounds, looking for a taller redhead in particular.

"Ginny!" She shouted, seeing her younger friend standing next to Harry.

Ginny had clearly been crying, and she nearly burst into tears all over again when she saw Amelia and her brother running towards her.

"Meely, I-I saw his body fall. I saw him hit the ground." Ginny's voice was pained, and she clutched onto Amelia's hand.

Amelia pulled Ginny into a hug, one hand on the back of the younger girl's head. There was nothing she could say or do to make Ginny feel better—all she could do was be there for her sister.

Amelia craned her neck to look at Professor McGonagall. "Can we take her home? She's been through a lot tonight, and I think she just needs her parents."

McGonagall pursed her lips. "Alright, I suppose that would be fine. And, Miss Bishop? It's good to see you again." The professor conceded.

Amelia smiled halfheartedly. "You as well, Professor."

With one arm still around Ginny, Amelia and Fred left the Hogwarts grounds and Apparated back to the Burrow, where Ginny could feel safe in her mother's arms.

wedding chapter is sooooon