Bunk Bed Junction x Orphan!Reader

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well today. This oneshot was requested by the lovely animeplayer2336! This one I am also slightly worried over my writing ability, as I have no experience of being an orphan, but I will strive to do my best! Anyway, I've got nothing else to say, so I hope you enjoy reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

---------------------------------------------------------

The wind flew through my (H/C) locks as I sat upon someone's roof, the wind kissed my skin as it glided by making me giggle at the small touches it gave me. I lay my head onto my hand, staring at the bustling plaza below, away from the sight of everyone, 

"It must be a busy day today." I mumbled to myself, seeing friends conjoin together and families holding their offspring's small hands. 

The music revolution ended not too long ago, I think it was a few days ago, maybe that's why everyone was out and about? Wait no, maybe it was because of the... I squint my eyes trying to look at a pop-up board in a shop from across the plaza, the... sale? That's a new word, what does it mean? Maybe that's why everyone was coming out of their homes. I saw the majority of the scattered crowd enter the store's that displayed they were having a 'sale', while the other lingering ones went to the other stores. 

I decided that ended my people-watching, for now, standing up carefully on the shingles of the roof, traveling to a different part of town by roof because I am too scared of the people below. I chuckle under my breath and shook my head, after hours upon days of watching people I am still afraid of them, but how could I not be? The children and workers of the orphanage I came from weren't the nicest people, although I found the occasional few and kept close to them for the years afterward. 

That was until they got adopted before me, and that was near the time that I would be kicked out because I was nearing the age where I am my own being. Yet what 'own being' would I be if I knew nothing about the world and how it worked? I never questioned my lack of education until I was kicked out and told to go live my life, and that I know for sure was six years ago, I'd say I am, 24 years old now. Your birthday happens every year, right? I think so...

I sit down once again on a different roof, my (E/C) orbs bore into a lime-skinned person in an alleyway, who had red markings running along his revealed skin, he had weird hair too. He spouted out words I didn't understand but I listened to him anyway cause my curiosity got the best of me. The rhythm was contagious and I started humming along with the people below,

"DK West, DK West, he's our man oh he's the best!" I whispered but stopped when I heard a collection of footsteps coming from a pathway leading to the alleyway, an orange-skinned woman holding a blackish-reddish long shiny thing, and a green-skinned man trailed behind the girl holding two weirdly-formed wooden sticks.

"DK West!" The green man said towards the lime man, is that his name?

"Ewah! My little bro came to see me today? What a nice surprise!" He said in a dramatic voice,

The tune from, DK West? Yes, DK West, the tune from DK West's song was still in my head so I tuned out their conversation and resumed humming it. Before I know it, I stood up and started to dance on the roof, the volume of my humming increasing. I was a little ways away from the alleyway now but my humming turned into full-blown singing of the same verse over and over again. Twirls and other weird moves of dancing didn't falter the purity of my voice,

"DK West! DK West! He's our man oh he's the best!" I repeated the verse one more time, afterward hearing a leaf get crushed a few feet behind me.

I slowly turned around with scared eyes seeing that it was those two strangers from before, the orange-skinned girl had her jaw hanging open while the other had his face showing shock or amazement. I slowly back away from them before getting a good distance to start running, I heard the girl shout for me to wait, I didn't listen only focusing on the path ahead and the scrambling of their footsteps behind me. The sudden rush of air hitting my eyes made tears flood my vision. The path ahead of me is slowly becoming more difficult, traveling to different parts of the city that I didn't know of, my legs screamed for me to stop and relax, but the footsteps kept coming.