DK West x Reader

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well today! We got another DK West oneshot and to be honest I can't wait to write another oneshot for the big, burly man. The one who requested this is the lovely CosmicTrinity3! I've got nothing else to say so, I hope you enjoy reading this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s

-------------------------------

SLAM!

"(Y/N)! I thought I have told you enough times to check up at the desk for any new papers that come in!" My boss said glowering at me, my fellow coworkers giving me pitiful glances as I withstand the rage,

"I-I-I'm sorry, I'll be sure to check more often Ma'am." I said, cowering in my seat, 

"You better, but if you slip up one more time dear you, will be, fired!" She glared at me once more, before turning around swiftly and going back to her office, my coworkers going back to work as soon as she turned their way.

I took a deep breath, cracking my knuckles, and got to work at filing those papers, forcing my posture to be proper, and pushing up my glasses. My fingers glided on the keyboard, pressing down keys before lifting up to press different ones, repeating the process over and over again, taking one paper from the tapering stack and laying it in front of me so I could input the information necessary to us into spreadsheets that would be forwarded to another coworker. Unlike how it is outside, the workspace was void of the majority of colors, you may see the occasional potted plant that was planted into a brightly-colored pot but that was pretty uncommon, and the music in here was on constant Lo-fi, although not exactly the pleasant kind.

However, if there is one small thing I would like to change, it is my boss, I can deal with the monochrome colors, the unpleasant Lo-fi, the long hours, it is just my boss that I want to change. Yes I know this environment is strict and professional only, but with her, it's like she is suffocating me with it, she makes me feel like I don't take my job seriously even though I know full well myself, even my coworkers, that I give it my all and always try my best to perform in a professional manner. If anything, she'll be my breaking point of me quitting this job that I do so well, my previous boss retired and she was the sweetest thing, it was as if she was a graceful deer, giving kindness to anyone and everyone.

I'm not upset that my previous boss retired, I'm upset at the fact that my boss treats everyone here like the dirt and cobblestone she steps upon with those painful 6-inch heels! I don't even think she needs the height for anyone to listen to her, her blunt, straight-to-the-point personality is all that she needs. I sigh looking at the stack of papers next to me, I was about a third of the way through the stack, however, there could be a lot more waiting for me at the front desk, fortunately, I work fast and efficiently.

A little over an hour had passed, I lean against my chair sighing in relief that I finished the stack of papers, a faint smile coming over my face before falling to a frown once more as I needed to go check with the front desk. Getting up from my chair, I stride down the line of cubicles, my (H/C) hair flowed behind me, the front desk coming into my sight not too far away. I stop right in front of the counter of the main desk, I peer over it looking down at the clerk sitting there, they looked up before giving me a remorseful glance, pointing to the right. 

I look towards where they had pointed, seeing another stack of papers, somehow bigger than the one I had just finished, I gave a grateful smile to the clerk before going over to the dreadful stack, carefully picking it up so that I don't get any paper cuts. I turn around and start making my way back to my humble cubicle, bidding goodbye to the desk clerk, going at a slow pace. I place the new stack of papers down on my unorganized desk with a huff, a scared look coming over my face as the stack starts to wobble, threatening to fall and make a mess for me. I frantically held the stack in place, stopping it from wobbling back and forth, another sigh of relief escaped my mouth, letting go of the stack and plopping myself onto my chair,