Neon J x Reader

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well today! We have the protective cyborg captain, or dad, of 1010 to shower some love into, he needs lots of it! This oneshot was requested by the lovely DalastorRadio, also thank you for the plot it helps a lot! Anyway, I've got nothing else to say so, I hope you enjoy reading this!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

-------------------------------------------

I walked out of the store, drinking my fresh cup of coffee, the soothing liquid burned my tongue immediately after just one small sip making me flinch and nearly drop my beverage, barely catching it from the bottom of its base, my (E/C) eyes glaring at the swaying steam flowing out of the hole on the lid. I sigh, carefully fixing my grip on my coffee before I kept walking back home to talk care of some work that needs to be done by tomorrow, and since I work from the comfortable space of my home I have the whole day to work instead of just an allotted amount of time in an office.

I get my keys from my pocket, moving them around to get the right key before slipping it into the keyhole, with a slow flick of the wrist, I unlocked my door, pushing myself inside and being welcome with open arms from the pleasant atmosphere of my house. The near-muted music still playing on the radio, the radio sitting on the smooth countertop of the bar, it seemed to bop with the pace of the music even though the music itself was nowhere near loud enough to cause vibrations on the surrounding surfaces, although I find that to be quite cute. Patting the top of the radio as if it were an adorable child, I let my bag hanging on the back of the chair and took a cautious sip of my coffee, humming in delight as I wasn't surprised by the burning sensation, but rather a warm, tingly one that gave you goosebumps all over your body.

I then enter the kitchen, turning the volume knob on the radio to the right as I walk past, turning up the volume so that it is clearly audible, Looking down at the laptop that laid silently on the counter, turning it to face it towards me I pull the lid open and press the power button, taking another sip from my coffee as I waited, sticking out my pinkie just to feel a little fancier. A couple of strums from the strings of an acoustic guitar play from my computer, the blinding screen that illuminated the previously dark room made me squint my eyes to see the actual screen, typing a few things down before I press enter and wait a few moments more for it to boot up to the desktop. 

A happy tune played with the same acoustic guitar rang from the computer, peering at the screen once again, the desktop photo being one of the first photos me and my darling ever took, seeing the photo never got old and it always made my heart melt just a bit more the more I see it as the days go on. It was me and Neon J, his arm wrapped around me and holding me, the sunset reflecting off of his monitor along with my (E/C) orbs, I smile at the fond memory; I remember burying my face into the fluff in his jacket and getting tickled by it the whole time, yet I didn't care, being in Neon J's embrace felt so nice, so comforting, so...safe. My heart tugged at its heartstrings, it hurt sure, but I was deep into the reminiscence so I didn't care. The radio chirped as it was suddenly switched to the news in the middle of an ongoing song, although what news would they provide after the hours of midnight?

'This just in, another district has been captured by the rock band, Bunk Bed Junction. This marks the fourth one and only leaving one district left, Dream Fever, the people are getting worried and restless as to what the next move Tatiana or Bunk Bed Junction is going to make.'

What did she just say? No, she has to be lying...She has to be! Metro Division, the district my significant person works, as a vice-charter of sorts, is the fourth district, and since Yinu has been tragically defeated only just barely a week ago, how could they keep going after that?! I slam my now empty cup of coffee down onto the counter, grabbing my bag as I rush out the door and run to my beloved's district, the muscles in my legs already begging me to rest and not run anymore, but I ignored it, I have a more important task to do right now!