CHAPTER 8

Happy reading lovelies!!

A/n:
I have decided to be updating every day, so there are gonna be new chapters every day. Please vote, comment and share because I appreciate it a lot.

*******

"Bye-bye French fry. "

"Dollface? I told you the catchphrases you use are just not cool. "

"Don't care. " I said as I shut the door behind me. When I stepped in the first thing I saw was my mother. I completely lost track of time and I forgot I was grounded. I hate it when I am with Leo, I always forget everything around me.

"You are late. " She said as she crossed her arms on her chest.
The only way I can get out of this is by lying to her and I'm a very terrible liar she would see right through me. The truth it is and it's gonna get me in trouble but at least I won't have to rack my brain for lies.

"I got detention and I had a hard time finding a taxi. "

"What the hell did you do? "

"I just got late for a class. " That wasn't a big lie so she would not realize that I just lied.

"How did you get home? " She asked. If this continues she should apply to become an FBI detective. Why does she have to question me all the time?
"I took a cab. " I said trying to avoid eye contact.

"Why are you lying to me, Janice?"
"I am not. "
"I just saw Leonardo drop you off. I thought you cut all ties with that delinquent long ago. Aren't you dating Milton? "

Leo wasn't good company to be around but he wasn't that bad like how mommy portrayed him.

"Milton and I broke up. " I answered. Telling her Milton cheated on me wasn't necessary.
She loved him, she even thought he was already her son-in-law.

"When we're gonna tell me this and why did you break up? "

Why don't you try asking your perfect daughter?

"Things didn't work out. "

"I'm letting the detention slide but make sure you don't get late again." She said as she started heading towards the living room.
I let out a sigh of relief, she didn't get mad she seemed pretty okay.

She stopped and turned around to face me. What was she gonna say now? Please don't ground me again. "I almost forgot, Jake came over and he is waiting for you in the living room. "She told me and she continued walking.

Jake came over that's something new. I only saw Jake at school.
How can I forget and all the times Milton dragged him with us? I walked into the living room and I found Jake talking to Lauren.

They have so invested in their little talk that none of them noticed me. I fake cough so that they can notice me.
"Ivanna. I didn't notice you. When did you arrive? " Jake queried as he stood up. Had that line too many times.

"I'm just gonna go now. I'm no longer needed here. " Lauren said. At least she didn't lose her courtesy in Paris. "See you at school. " Lauren said as she hugged Jake. I watched her climb the stairs and when she was out of sight I sat on the couch.

"Hi," I said. I think that's the best way to start this awkward conversation between Jake and me.
"How are you doing? "

"As you can see I'm still breathing. " I replied.
"So. Why are you here.? I asked.
I needed to hear whatever he came here to say so he can leave.

"I just wanted to see how you are doing. "

"I'm doing just fine. I have no tears on my face. You got what brought you here, I don't think you have any other business being here. "I uttered.