CHAPTER 8 "We will be ok."

DRACO POV

I've Grown to hate The Room of Requirement; I feel like I spend more time here than I do anywhere else. The cabinet is starting to work better and I know that means the time for me to kill Dumbledore is getting closer. Since what happened with Potter I have felt angrier towards Hogwarts and the people in it, they don't give a toss about me so why should I give a toss about them?

Willow enters the Room, a concerned look on her face, her hair up in a high ponytail and her long platinum hair falling down her back, she's wearing black jeans and a black silk vest top with thrills of lace around the top revealing her prominent collarbones. She glides towards me walking tall in her black heeled boots. My god she is beautiful.

"What's up with you Grayling." I say, striking her a flirty smile eyeing her up and down.

"This." She says quietly handing me a Silver envelope.

"My owl delivered it to me this morning, its from my Father." She muttered.

I opened the envelope and scanned the words inside.

"Willow, I hear from the lord you and the Malfoy boy are nearly done with the cabinet, I suppose it was all him as we all know you aren't capable of such a skill. When it is complete the Death Eaters and Myself will enter the castle. Malfoy must kill Dumbledore then. Please make sure you look presentable and keep your mouth shut as I can't have you embarrassing me. Your mother sends her love."

Father.

I feel my heart speed up, it really is going to happen soon. My face hardens at the words in the letter, her dad really is a foul Git, if anything the reason I have got this far with the Vanishing Cabinet Is because of Willow, she's an extraordinarily talented witch, despite the fact she never got the chance to learn magic properly. It hurts me that he speaks to her this way.

"He seems like a lovely chap." I joke trying to change Willows Mood.

"He's a cretin." She says angrily.

"He will push you, he will push both of us to do awful things if he comes here Draco, you must do them or he will hurt you. Do you understand?"

This is the first time I've ever seen her look scared, and I can't help but notice she's concerned about him hurting me, not her. She looks upset and my face softens, I don't know what it is about this girl, but I cannot shake her. I walk over to her still towering above her in spite of her heels, she looks up at me her Emerald Eyes glowing and I place my hands on either side of her face.

"We will be ok." I whisper and small smile appears on her face.

I tilt her head up towards mine and I kiss her gently on her lips. Its just how I remembered it, she tastes like spearmint. I pull away and she rests her head on my chest and I hold her in tight to me, we just stand there holding each other. Its like we're the only people in the world.

"We have work to do." She whispers. I can tell she does not want to let go. I do not want to let go, but she's right, we need to finish the Cabinet tonight.

She clears her throat and walks across the room, returning with a small cage.

"The bird." She says bluntly

"We need to put the last bird in there, it's the last step." I can notice that she feels awkward and I can't blame her, the atmosphere has grown very tense in here. She carefully takes the bird out of the cage and admires it, a loving smile on her face. It sits on her hand comfortably and softly chirps.

"When I was little, I used to talk to the birds." She giggles.

"They were the only living thing that I could speak too, they would fly into the dungeon and keep me company, they lived there with me for years. My father came down one afternoon and heard me singing to them and he got out his wand and killed them. Right in front of me. I was only 10 years old and I cried for days after that."

She speaks softly gently stroking the bird on the top of its head.

"Seems silly now." She laughed, placing the bird in the Cabinet.

The bird vanishes into the cabinet. I feel sorry for her, she really didn't have anybody, and I know that I must be there for her, I must protect her. She doesn't have a choice. Just like me.

She slowly opens the cabinet and we both catch our breath; The bird sits there chirping and flies out of the cupboard. I feel sick. It worked. Willow grabs my hand and gives me a comforting look, our fingers locking.

"We will be ok." She whispers squeezing my hand.

We both stand there, together, staring at the cabinet. This is it. It begins now.