CHAPTER 24. "Anyone who is capable of love is capable of redemption."

Dravo pov

It's been days and she still hasn't woken up. Mr Weasley says she will but all in good time, whatever that means. I had to have a meeting with the order, they had to be absolutely sure that I could be trusted. Mine and Willow's action spared us Azkaban and my mother lying for Potter got her out of it by the skin of her teeth too. My father, however, will face trial in a few days and there is nothing I can think of that would save him. I'm not sure if I really want to either.

Footsteps enter the, empty hospital wing and I turn to see Luna standing with a vase. She always creeped me out a bit.

"Your souls weren't broken after all Mr Malfoy." She says in her high-pitched voice as she glides towards Willows side. I stand up in defence, I don't like anybody touching her. Luna looks at me startled and then gives me a gentle smile.

"You're lucky to have each other you know." She places the vase next to Willows bed and takes out her wand. "Ochideous" She whispered as black and emerald lily's fill the vase. Luna walks towards the door; I am thankful for her kindness but part of me can't help but despise her. If I didn't save her this would've never happened to Willow. Luna stops in her tracks and turn to face me.

"Lily's. They're her favourite." Luna says cheerfully. "She didn't speak much, but she used to draw the things she liked in her Potions book, if you didn't guess Emerald green is her favourite colour and Snakes are her favourite animal. A bit sinister If you ask me." Luna flashes me a small smile.

"Luna?" I ask as she turns to leave once more.

"How do you know our souls are not broken?" I whisper as she stares at me blankly.

"Anyone who is capable of love is capable of redemption Mr Malfoy. And anyone capable of redemption has a pure soul" She sang and turned to leave.

Id never taken much time to get to know what Willow liked. We spent most of our time together just trying not to get killed. I look down at her laying peacefully, her white curls flowing down her shoulders, her skin has a bit more colour in it now. She never deserved any of this I'm not sure any of us did, when she wakes, I will give her the life she has always wanted. I will protect her with every part of me.

~~

Willow POV.

I wake to a dark room. My head hurts and my mind is foggy. What happened to me? My thoughts stumble through the battle, the last thing I remember is Nagini's head flying across the room. Did we win? The Dark Lord must be dead because if he wasn't, I wouldn't be here I wouldn't be alive. I sit up suddenly, I have to get out of here, if I'm in Hogwarts ill either end up in Azkaban or be killed.

~~

DRACO POV

Willow shoots up in her bed and lets out a small moan as she falls back down. Her head injury was serious she needs to stay in bed. I run to her side and take her hand, it finally feels warm again. She looks at me with a blank stare and furrows her brows.

"Willow?" I whisper, concerned buy her face.

"Am I meant to know you?" She replies, I let go of her hand and stumble backwards. No. I try to hold in a cry as I stare at her with my hands on my head. Her confused face turn into a smug grin and she lets out a small laugh.

"I'm only joking you idiot." She laughs, I want to smack her in her smug mouth but seeing her smile after so long is all I wanted. I walk beside her bed and hold her face in my hands. I lean down and drift my lips in front of hers.

"I can see you're back to your usual, irritating self." I whisper. Her eyes fall serious and she holds my wrists as my hands remain on her face, tears sparkle amongst the emerald in her eyes.

"Kiss me." She sobs, holding her face up to mine I kiss her firmly and tears begin to stream down her face.

"I thought I'd lost you Grayling." I breath. As I kiss her once more. She pulls away from me and strokes my face with her soft hand.

"You will never lose me Draco." She whispers back to me, as we get lost in each other once more.

~~

WILLOW POV.

I stand at the top of the astronomy tower observing The Black Lake, the wind whistles through my hair, stinging the cuts on my cheeks. The stars illuminate the darkness. I hear footsteps approach as Draco joins my side. He hasn't left me since I woke, he's been fussing over me all day. I've been shown great kindness, some even calling me a hero. Which find extremely ironic seeing as I'm the one that beckoned The Dark Lord, but I suppose they don't need to know that.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I say quietly still staring onto the lake. Draco stays silent and holds onto my hand, I can see him looking at me puzzled.

"The night. It holds so much darkness, yet so much light. Its mysterious. It reminds me of you."

Draco lets out a sarcastic laugh. "The boy with no choice, who was consumed by darkness." I add as I turn to look at him taking his other hand. "But here you are with so much light." Draco looks down at the floor shaking his head, as egotistical as he is, he hates being complemented. Even though this is were Dumbledore was murdered, this is where I realised, I loved Draco, this is were my internal battle between evil and love began.

"My answers yes." I whisper as Draco looks up at me with his mouth dropping open, his beautiful blue eyes dancing in the moonlight.

"I would love nothing more than to become your wife."

Draco flashes a shy smile and bends down onto one knee; he reaches into his suit pocket and pulls out an emerald green velvet box. He opens the box slowly, fixating me with his silver gaze. Inside the box lay a breath-taking silver ring with a beautiful emerald diamond in the centre. The Diamond is entangled by a snake. It's beautiful. I let out a small gasp as tears fill my eyes.

"We might as well done it properly then Grayling, what do you reckon?" He laughs.

"Willow Grayling, you may be one of the most annoying people that I have ever met, but you're perfect and you're mine. Marry me." I roll my eyes at his sarcastic remark, he's incapable of doing anything without a snide remark.

"There you go again Draco, with your perfect way with words. Of course, I will Marry you." I whisper as he slides the stunning ring onto my finger. He stands up in front of me, grabbing me around the waist his lips claim mine.