★ Five★

heyyy, if u haven't already, u should totally go check out my new fic... 'the end of the world as we know it.' it's gonna be real rad. i'm also proabably going to be doing some halloween oneshots, so u don't wanna miss those. anyways, this chapter is terrible, but it's an update regardless so enjooooyy.

----

Frank rubbed his temples with a sigh, pressing his pencil to the paper and filling in the blanks -- answering the pointless questions to a just as useless text. Mrs. Turner sat at her desk with a book propped between her hands -- her glasses dangling on the tip of her nose as she gazed down through them, humming to herself every few odd moments.

Frank finished the final question with a breath of relief -- only to flip the paper over and discover a whole other page of questions to answer.

"Fuck," He muttered to himself, the girl sitting a few seats away from him glaring in discontent as he met her gaze. "Sorry," He whispered back, the girl, rolling her eyes and readjusting the butterfly pin in her hair.

Frank sighed and continued on the sheet -- this time finally finishing for real, and slumping back into the flimsy plastic of his chair with a relieved sigh. He tapped his foot impatiently as he watched the second hand on the clock tick by agonizingly slowly, moving to tap his fingers against the table in his boredom.

This only earned him another glare from butterfly-pin girl, to which he paused his tapping and threw a hand up in defense, raising his eyebrows and mouthing another apology. She sighed and glanced back down to her work, Frank looking to Mrs. Turner, who was still nose deep in her book.

Sighing, he propped himself on his elbows atop his desk, jiggling his knee and playing with his cheek, gnawing on it gently and sucking in his lip occasionally, blinking heavily as the ticking of the clock droned on monotonously in the background. Humming quietly, the slightly mangled tune of Bullet with Butterfly Wings rattled around in the back of his head -- the bored teen staring at the clock intently.

And then -- answering all of Frank's prayers, the bell finally rang it's shrill cry across the classroom -- Frank leaping from his seat and quickly clutching all of his things and running out, letting out a deep breath of relief as he walked through the hall -- fresh, cool air blowing past him and relaxing him.

He stepped into his final period of the day with a grin, spotting Ray in the back and walking over to him happily, placing his things on the desk. "I'm so ready for the weekend."

"Ditto, my friend," Ray said, sighing and copying down the warmup on the board into his notebook. "Say, there's actually this party tonight..."

Frank raised an eyebrow, pulling out his own notebook. "If Christa isn't gonna be there, I'm not interested."

"She'll be there. For real this time. I'll even pick you up so you know that I won't ditch you."

Frank hesitated for a moment, humming softly and tilting his head at the whiteboard. "Okay."

"Cool," Ray smiled, circling his answer largely.

"But you have to let me copy that work," Frank added -- Ray glaring at him before sighing and sliding over the paper, Frank racing to scribble it down. "Thank you, kind sir."

"Yep," Ray said flatly, sliding the notebook back over to himself. "Welcome."

Frank smiled, hearing the warning bell ring as Mr. Smith strode into the room, shutting the door behind him. "Tardy sweep today," He said with a chuckle. "Congrats."