★ Twelve ★

another short filler,,, aaah, they're boyfriends ?? it's so weird, i feel like this went a little fast? idk. but some stuff happens in this chapter, i guess, idk.. enjoy :* ((not edited.))

----

Frank was mid-yawn Monday morning as he was suddenly startled by a presence manifesting behind him, turning to see Bob standing there with a grin.

"Um--" Frank said, raising an eyebrow as he slowly pushed a book into his locker. "Yes?

Not even a good morning? Damn." Bob dead-panned, rolling his eyes.

"Good morning," Frank retorted sarcastically, sighing as he turned back to his locker. "What's up?"

"Eh, not much. You got a girlfriend yet?"

"Is this about the bet?" Frank asked through another sigh, pulling out his required notebook and kicking his locker shut. Bob nodded, and Frank sighed once more. "Well, uh... not quite. Not yet."

"Ah," Bob said, following as he started off down the hall. "You really suck at this, y'know? Normally you'd have knocked a bet out within the week."

"Yeah, no need to remind me." Frank replied bluntly.

"Sorry, man," Bob said, cringing. "Just tryin' to help."

Frank only hummed, eventually ditching him to enter class.

☆☆☆

Come Wednesday, Frank was following his routine path towards Gerard's locker, practically skipping in excitement as his gut tingled with soda-pop nerves, smiling widely to himself at the promise of seeing the boy he was now able to call his boyfriend.

Approaching him, Frank snuck up behind him, placing his hands on his shoulder as he whispered into his ear; "Boo."

Gerard jumped, nearly elbowing Frank in the gut, but thankfully avoiding it narrowly -- spinning around to gape at Frank in relief, shaking his head and letting out a breath. "Jesus fuck-- you can't do that, Frank. What is up with everybody trying to scare me? I thought that was my job."

"Well, we can't let you have all the fun, now can we?" Frank teased, stepping to stand beside Gerard at his locker, watching silently as Gerard's lips smiled softly, and as he delicately filled his bag with his things.

"So, um, I've been thinking, actually," Gerard started shyly, making short eye-contact with Frank. "Maybe... you'd like to come over today?"

"Oh?" Frank replied, a tad bit surprised as he watched Gerard's cheeks flush, shying away.

"I mean, you don't have to-- I just thought you might like to hang out, y'know..."

"No, I'd love to," Frank assured, wearing a warm smile. "I'll just have to call my mom and let her know. I don't think we've got anything going on."

"Alright, cool." Gerard said, his smile growing shyer as he zipped up his bag and hoisted it over his shoulders.

"I didn't earn a 'rad'?" Frank laughed, watching as Gerard glanced over with wide, curious eyes -- the sight making Frank jolt inside as his chest fluttered with crush-induced nerves.

"Sorry, rad." Gerard corrected, smiling as he gazed at Frank, soon turning back forward to focus on the path ahead of them towards the busses.

The two managed to make it onto Gerard's bus without much incident, both laughing softly as they claimed seats in the back -- across the aisle from Mikey and Pete, who glanced over. "Oh, Frank's back. What's up, dude?"