★ Eighteen ★

*sighs* here's where some actual plot comes in. i'm really getting out these updates though, aren't i?? again, this chapter isn't my proudest, but regardless, i hope u enjoy. ((barely edited))

there's a smut warning, oop. begins and ends at ***

----

Frank was biting back a yawn as he stood at his locker, shuffling through his books absentmindedly as footsteps approached behind him -- blinking a few times before turning and seeing Bob stood there.

"Hey." Frank said simply, yawning as he turned back to his locker.

"What's up?" Bob asked, Frank cringing as he already knew what was to come. "Any more progress?"

"No." Frank said through a sigh, rubbing his face as he shut his locker, turning to Bob.

Cool, because I've decided to help you out." Bob said -- Frank's eyes widening.

"Um-- I-- what?" He spluttered lamely, blinking as he gaped at his friend.

"Look, I've set you up with this girl in our grade," Bob said nonchalantly, slipping Frank a piece of paper. "I think you'll like her. There's the information, you're welcome."

"I--" Frank stammered, still shell-shocked as Bob winked and walked off, leaving his heart rabbiting in panic as he glanced down at the piece of paper with an address and time scribbled across it. "Oh, fuck."

Truly, Frank really really did not want to go on this date -- and he bit down on his lip as he shoved the note in his pocket, frowning deeply. Oh dear lord, what had he managed to get himself into this time...?

☆☆☆

Gerard sat beside Frank in the Iero's den once more, Frank's gaze on Lucy in his lap -- staring absentmindedly as he stroked her coarse, tan fur.

Gerard frowned softly, bringing his fingertips to Frank's chin and turning him to meet his gaze. "You alright? You're awfully quiet today..."

"Hm?" Frank asked, snapping out of his trance. "Oh-- um, yeah." He lied quickly, quirking a convincing smile. "Just stressed. Y'know, lots of school..."

Gerard smiled softly back, not taking a moment to doubt Frank's words. "Alright. I was just worried for a moment, I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Thank you for caring." Frank said, pressing a short kiss to Gerard's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." Gerard smiled, completely oblivious to the tendrils of worry wisping in Frank's mind...

☆☆☆

Frank's gut churned with worry as he gnawed on his lip, hands shoved in the pockets of his jacket as he carefully opened the doors of the little restaurant. He hadn't bothered on dressing up too nicely. He didn't care much about good first impressions at the moment, anyway.

The hostess sent him a warm smile as he explained he was meeting somebody, vaguely wandering through the restaurant until he spotted a young woman sitting by herself -- seeming to match Bob's description enough for Frank to trudge through his sludgy nerves and approach her.

She spotted him quickly, face turning into shock as she weakly gestured for him to sit across from her, seeming a bit tense as Frank took his seat. "Um... you're Frank, I presume?"

Frank bit back a sigh as he nodded. "Are you Jamia?"

She nodded, and the two fell into an uncomfortable silence -- both not really making any moves to speak until the waitress arrived with menus, Frank finally taking a chance to speak up. "So, uh, Bob said that you go to Belleville too?"