★ Eight ★

fuck i'm sorry that it's been so long since i updated this D: i have so much schoolwork, and i really just lost a lot of motivation to write. i'm sososo sorry :'(( i pushed myself to get this one done for u guys, even though it's barely edited, so i hope u enjoy. :') xoxox

ps if u guys wanna binge-read my apology for lack of updates, i posted every single chapter of my texting fic, bathroom boy :) go check it out if u haven't already. x

----

Frank slowly creaked open his front door with the faintest of smiles, still slightly bubbly and reeling from the date -- yet still full of the looming threat of dread that he tried his hardest to ignore as he walked through the foyer.

He barely made it two steps inside before his mother was hopping out of the doorway -- startling him as she exclaimed his name. "Frank! I've been waiting for you."

"...Have you?" He asked slowly, shutting the door behind him as he watched his mother carefully, Lucy bounding down the hallway to greet him.

"Yeah, how'd it go?" She asked casually, watching as Frank crouched down to love on the dog.

"It went fine," He shrugged, his mother following as he wandered up to his bedroom, shedding his hoodie along the way.

"What'd you do?" She pressed excitedly, seating herself at Frank's desk as the boy tossed his jacket onto the hook atop his closet door stepped out of his shoes.

"Watched a movie. Got coffee," He said simply, watching as his mother raised her eyebrows for further details. "...He kissed me, if that's what you're looking for."

She full-on beamed at that, and clapped her hands excitedly. "Oh, that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you, Frankie."

"Right," He chuckled awkwardly. "Are you going to be this invested the entire time?"

"Of course not," She said, waving her hand. "I'm just excited. It's been so long, and this is so new. I want to be involved, y'know?"

"Well, I'll tell you if anything else happens, then," He said, seating himself on his bed with a small sigh.

"Do you want any advice?" She asked, watching her son with a small smile. "Like, y'know. I'm good with this stuff."

"Erm," Frank said, hesitating. "No, not really. I've been with enough people to know what to do."

"Do you want advice on how to ask him to be your boyfriend? I know that's scary."

"Who says I want to date him?" Frank asked, although he quickly backpedaled. "I-- I mean, yeah, I do, but... we've only been on one date. It's a little too early for that, Ma."

"Oh, I know," She replied. "Just for future reference."

"I think I've got the whole, 'asking someone out' thing pretty good, by now," Frank chuckled. "I'm not a thirteen-year-old girl, Mom."

"I know, I know," She sighed. "I just want to help, but I know you don't need it."

"Well, I appreciate it," Frank smiled genuinely. "And the moment I'm ready to make things official with him, you'll be the first to know."

"Alright," She smiled back. "I'm just so happy for you."

"I know," Frank said through a soft chuckle. "Just-- can you not, like, tell anybody?"

"Why not?" She asked, frowning as she furrowed her eyebrows at her son.

"I don't think Gerard's exactly... out to anybody," He said through a small frown. "I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who knows, so just, don't go blabbing his name. You know how fast word spreads."