★ Six ★

part two, ruh roh. what do u think is gonna go down?? we get a private moment + intimate conversations, among other thingz in this chapter, so that's exciting.... :o i feel like the writing quality of this fic is utter shit compared to my other stuff, and i kinda hate this chapter (as always), but whatever. enjoy, xoxo

----

Frank caught up with Gerard quickly, appearing beside him with a breathless grin and his red solo cup in hand -- his stomach clenching with nerves as Gerard spun to greet him with a smile just as breathless.

"Hey," He said -- his cheeks flushing underneath the strobing lights erupting from the corner of the room, where a painfully drunk guy was proudly holding it up as if he were reenacting that one Lion King scene -- presenting it proudly to the sky as he giggled and kicked his feet exaggeratedly from where he dangled off the arm of the couch.

"Hey," Frank replied, laughing softly at the guy with the light. "Pretty wild party, isn't it?"

"You could say that," Gerard chuckled. "Kinda terrified that my baby brother is out here in this mess somewhere, but... what are you gonna do?" He shrugged, glancing around. "If I don't drive him, he'll just find someone else, so at least I know I'm keeping him safer this way."

"You keep saying baby brother," Frank noted, cocking his head and furrowing his eyebrows. "How old is he actually?"

"Oh, he's sixteen," Gerard said casually. "Just too lazy to go and get his license. I call him my baby brother regardless, because that's how I'll always see him."

"Oh," Frank said lamely, nodding and sipping his drink. "What's his name?"

"Mikey," Gerard replied, shrugging once more. "He's the kid who came up to us at the arcade. Y'know, the one with the glasses, ridiculous hair, and bubblegum?"

"Oh, him?" Frank asked, tilting his head the other way. "I didn't get a good look at 'em."

"Yeah," Gerard said in an also somewhat lame manner. "He's got a big personality. He's actually really similar to me, just... cooler. Kinda sucks that my little brother is cooler than I am."

"I think you're pretty cool," Frank blurted out -- hoping the dizzying blush in his cheeks was hidden by the red light casting onto him and Gerard. "Erm, well... yeah. I think you're cool."

Gerard smiled sheepishly at that, turning away briefly before glancing back and staring into Frank's eyes with an excited glimmer hidden beneath his irises -- dancing with multicolored lights as the strobe continued flashing. "You think so?"

"I know so," Frank said -- clenching his fist and restraining the urge to cringe as he replayed his words inside his mind. God, he sounded like he was inside a fucking teenage coming-of-age movie, what was this? "I mean, I still kinda barely know you, but... you seem real rad so far."

Gerard laughed at that, his eyes finally leaving Frank's as he gazed back at the room, smiling shyly. "Did I really just earn the 'rad' privilege?"

Frank nodded silently, smiling as Gerard's shy grin grew, and Frank could pick out the blush growing on his cheeks even in the warm lighting.

"Erm," Gerard said, glancing at Frank's drink. "Do you want to get more drinks?"

Frank was taken aback for a moment at the sudden change of subject, but only nodded, following Gerard as he started off towards the kitchen.

Gerard got himself a cup of the same heavily spiked punch that Frank was drinking, and Frank refilled his own cup as Gerard took a small sip.