★ Ten ★

it feels so weird for the other fic i'm secretly working on to actually have a title since it's literally been 'untitled' for months,,, i also wrote like,, a lot of a modern day romeo and juliet oneshot but then deleted it oops. i pushed myself through this, and i hate it. it is not my proudest at all, but i hope u enjoy, xo

ps, take a shot every time i say wander, shy, or sheepish. you'll die.

----

"Tubular," Mikey grinned, leaping up. "Let's go!"

Frank and Gerard followed with small smiles, still recovering from the nerve-induced haze that they had just partaken in, still a bit unsteady as they made their way back down the stairs.

Mikey was just about to step out the front door as their mother appeared out of nowhere, glaring him down. "Where do you think you're going, young man?"

"The library," He lied smoothly, smiling convincingly. "Since I'm grounded, and unable to play games, G and Frank here decided that we could take this time to get my grades up."

Mrs. Way eyed the three suspiciously, lingering on Gerard the longest. "Is that true, Gerard?"

"Yes, ma'am," Gerard obeyed, nodding shortly. "I'm hoping to help him out in Algebra."

"Hm," She hummed, placing her hand on her hip and eyeing Frank. "Frank, I'm trusting you to watch over them. You're in charge."

"What?" Mikey exclaimed, although he quickly simmered down as their mother turned and raised a suspicious eyebrow at them. "Erm-- I mean, you don't know Frank. We're your sons."

"Yes, but I do know that Frank wasn't the who disobeyed me, and who also threw a rock through our window last month."

"That was an accident!" Mikey protested with a whine. "I'm sorry. I already paid for it, what else do I need to do to live it down?"

"Well, maybe helping out with the dishes and laundry sometimes would be nice, like somebody does." She said, not-so-discreetly glancing at Gerard and smiling.

"Fine." Mikey sighed. "I'll do the dishes."

"Lovely," She smiled, patting his shoulder gently before turning back to Frank and doing the same. "Sorry for that, dear. You're still in charge. Have fun!"

And with that, they were ushered out of the door -- Frank holding back snorts as they stumbled across the front lawn, Gerard laughing at the scowl on Mikey's face.

"This is bullcrap." Mikey mumbled with a pout. "Frickin' heck! I always get the short-end of the stick around here, I swear."

"Older sibling perks," Gerard said simply, shrugging. "That, and actually helping Mom around the house."

"Blah, blah," Mikey mocked, opening and closing his hand. "You're a penis."

Frank muffled his laughter behind his hand at that, giggling quietly as he suppressed his laughter, Gerard noticing and laughing himself. "Did you just try to call me a dick?"

"Butthole," Mikey added. "Uh, female dog. Stupid-face. Motherfricker."

"Nice insults," Gerard joked, tilting his head. "Love you too, Lil' M."

"Don't frickin' call me that," Mikey said, rolling his eyes as Gerard only laughed and ushered him into the backseat of the car. "Wait, how come I'm in the backseat?"

"Because Frank is a guest," Gerard said simply, shutting the door on a gaping Mikey as he walked around and slid into the driver seat, Frank laughing quietly as he squirmed into the passenger. "And you always get shotgun. You need to work on your sharing skills."