★ Sixteen ★

lol u guys are going to love this chapter. ps, listen to the song linked while u read. it adds s o much to scenes like these :") pps, this skips forward a little bit more, and they've now been together for about a month and a half. enjoy, xox.

((barely edited))

---- 

"Okay, listen, G--" Frank said through laughter, the phone close to his ear as he tapped his heel on the wall where he was stood. "Just listen, listen, alright?"

"I'm listening." Gerard chuckled into the line.

"Okay, so... me, but pink hair." Frank said grandly, gesturing to himself.

"Um, no." Gerard deadpanned.

"Why not?" Frank asked. "I think it'd be hot."

"I can't see it." Gerard laughed. "I can see blonde, maybe..."

"What about purple?" Frank suggested. "I could rock that. Pretty tubular, y'know? Like... intergalactic."

"Eh..." Gerard shrugged. "You should do green."

"That's actually a good idea." Frank gasped jokingly. "Do I dye the fringe? Or the sides? Or--"

"Dye it red," Gerard interrupted, Frank falling silent. "Yeah, dye the sides red. That would be hot."

"Are you being serious this time?" Frank asked, tilting his head into the receiver.

"Dead." Gerard said. "I will literally help you dye it right now."

"Serious?" Frank asked, his heart stuttering at the realization that Gerard was being serious. "I mean-- okay, yeah-- uhh, right now?"

"Why not?" Gerard said. "I'll be over in like, twenty minutes. Be ready!"

Frank couldn't even get out a response before Gerard hung up, and his jaw hung open at the fact that Gerard was actually going to dye his hair.

Sure to his word, Gerard was ringing the doorbell not fifteen minutes later -- and Frank, jittery with nerves and excitement, greeted him. "Oh god, are we really doing this?"

Gerard shrugged, the door closing behind him as he kissed Frank shortly in greeting. "I've got some ideas, don't worry."

Together, they wandered up to the bathroom -- where Frank tugged the stool from the corner and set it beneath the counter. "Uh, what do we need for this?"

"I got most of it." Gerard said simply, placing the Walgreens bag atop the counter. He pulled the contents of the bag out, Frank watching in bewilderment as he placed the bottle of red dye onto the surface. "We're gonna get so pretty."

"Hell yeah, we are." Frank agreed, excitedly hopping on the counter and kicking his legs as Gerard glanced up at him.

"I kinda wanna do something to my hair, too." Gerard suggested sheepishly, his hand coming up to toy with the dark curls framing his face.

"What do you want to do?" Frank asked curiously, tilting his head.

"Chop it all off," Gerard said casually, shrugging as Frank gaped. "It's getting too long, anyway."

"Oh god," Frank said, reaching his own hand out to curl some of the locks within his nimble fingertips. "I like your hair like this... but I think it'd look cute short, too."

"I'm gonna chop it off," Gerard confirmed, nodding with an excited smile. "Fuck-- do you have any scissors?"