★ Fourteen ★

hello ! i'm back with another update :') things are slowly progressing, hhhh. like i said before, this fic focuses a lot on the progression of their relationship, so during these beginning stages it's gonna skip around a bit.

also !!! i've finally posted my secret fic, the art of keeping up disappearances !! i'm very excited to finally be starting this, and it would be totally rad if u guys went and checked it out :') i hope u guys enjoy, xox.

((barely edited))

----

Gerard cursed quietly as Frank claimed his checker, hopping over and grinning smugly as he placed the light piece to the side. "There's no way this is fair."

"Oh, it's all in the rules, G-dawg." Frank said loftily, leaning back and crossing his arms over his chest. Gerard rolled his eyes, moving his piece forward as Frank then claimed another. "There's really no way to cheat in checkers."

"I feel like you'd find a way." Gerard mumbled distractedly, narrowing his eyes at the bored in intense thought, before eventually sighing and just moving.

"I wouldn't do that," Frank said, playing his move. "If anything, I'd cheat in your favor."

"That's reassuring." Gerard said sarcastically, chuckling as he finally claimed one of Frank's checkers. "Ugh, finally."

"I did that on purpose." Frank replied simply, hopping over another of Gerard's pieces with his kinged checker.

"Don't spoil the moment, let me be proud for one second." Gerard replied, his eyes glancing up shortly to Frank's.

Frank only let out a brief chuckle, the game going on until Frank, unsurprisingly, won.

"Damn it," Gerard cursed. "Good game."

"Good game," Frank replied, resting his chin on his palm as he leant onto the small table separating them. "You played well, don't feel bad. Nobody can beat the checkers master."

"You're actually ridiculous," Gerard laughed through a sarcastic scoff. "God, why did I ever agree to play against you?"

"Because you like me." Frank said simply. "Can we play a card game? Like... war. That's total luck."

"Alright." Gerard shrugged, helping Frank put away the checkers and retrieve the deck of cards, sitting back down.

Frank smiled smugly, dealing the cards as he peeked shortly -- handing the shown card to Gerard.

"Did you just peek?" Gerard asked, eyeing Frank suspiciously.

"I made sure I was giving you a good one."

"That's cheating."

"Shh, you'll thank me later."

Gerard rolled his eyes playfully, and once all the cards were dealt, the two stared each other down as they placed their firsts, glancing down in sync.

"Fuck yeah!" Frank exclaimed in a toned-down whisper, snatching both cards for himself as Gerard frowned.

"This is gonna be a long game."

"Oh, you know it, baby."

☆☆☆

Frank, of course, had won war too. All but one of the rounds. To say that Gerard was pissed would've been an understatement.