★ Twenty-One ★

SIX DAYS IN A ROW HOT DAAAMN WOW GO ME AHSDHHJSH. anyway yea this chapter is utter shit but also sweet but also like,, the second-hand embarrassment is horrid *cries* enjoy this mess. ((barely edited, as always.))

----

Gerard's gut was a bit uneasy with nerves as they pulled into Frank's driveway -- something deep, deep down in him telling him that maybe; just maybe, when Frank had hinted that he had another gift for him, that Frank was trying to get into his pants. All the way.

And, of course, Gerard loved Frank. He loved him with all of his heart -- yet he was still scared to, well, to put it bluntly; he was scared to have a dick up his damned ass. Childish, he knew, but he just... he wasn't ready. He only hoped that Frank would understand -- and that maybe, it wasn't even his intention at all.

He bit his lip anxiously as Frank grabbed his hand tenderly, escorting him to the porch as he fished out his keys -- shuffling on his feet as he unlocked the door, revealing a completely dark foyer as he stepped in first, Gerard following.

He swear he felt his soul nearly leave his body as the lights suddenly flicked on, and Frank's parents came jumping out of nowhere -- cheering as Gerard screamed -- full-on screamed. "Fuck!"

"Oh my god--" Frank snorted, doubling over as his hands fell to his knees -- Gerard's eyes wide and panicked as he fell back against the door, letting out heavy breaths as he pressed a palm to his chest.

"Oh, shit--" Gerard said through a breathy chuckle, quickly catching himself. "Er-- god, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--"

Mr. and Mrs. Iero were laughing as Gerard stood there in shock, still grasping at his hoodie-clad chest -- Frank's hoodie, to be exact, as Linda spoke. "Oh dear, we didn't mean to scare you."

Gerard only replied with more heavy breaths, letting his eyes slip shut as reached out for Frank's hand blindly, squeezing it. "You're alright, I-- I just, oh my god."

Linda laughed once more, smiling apologetically. "I'm sorry, love. Would some ice cream help?"

With that, the four found themselves in the Iero's den -- bowls of chocolate ice cream in hand as Lucy watched excitedly, wagging all over Gerard as he was handed a gift from Frank's father. "Here, we got you something."

"Oh no, you didn't have to do that." Gerard said, frowning softly, though flattered by the notion.

"Well, we did," Linda said, chuckling softly as she urged it into Gerard's hands. "Happy birthday, dear."

Gerard smiled, opening the small package with tinted cheeks as he glanced back up to Frank's parents -- a gift card to the local art store in hand. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." Linda replied warmly -- the Iero's almost feeling like his own family as they finished up their dessert.

Eventually, Frank excused them to go wander upstairs -- Gerard's gut churning once more in anticipation as the door shut behind them.

He had expected some sort of bang -- or some sort of something to happen as the handle clicked to a close. Maybe Frank suddenly all up on him again, or another damned spanking (which he hoped wasn't the case), or some sort of bold move acted upon him.

But he was pleasantly surprised as Frank only sat him gently onto the bed, smiling warmly as he turned to the corner -- grabbing the old acoustic from the corner for the first time since they'd been together. "Do you like being serenaded, love?"