★ Seven ★

as soon as i published the last chapter, i started on this one, so ur welcome for such a fast update. this chapter is kinda eh at some parts but ooooh well. enjoiiii :o

----

"H--hello?" Frank stammered into the line nervously, glancing down at the fading sharpie scribbled across his arm as he awaited a response.

"Hello?" The person on the other side of the line answered, a strong and feminine voice elegantly melting into the line.

"Y--yes, um, is Gerard-- Gerard Way there?" Frank asked, reading the last name off his arm anxiously as he twisted the cord around his finger.

"Erm, yes, one moment," She replied, Frank hearing her cover the phone and call for Gerard, presumably being Gerard's mother. "He's on his way."

"Thank you, ma'am," Frank said politely, glancing out the opened blinds and into the morning sun shining brilliantly against the cream carpet of the Iero living room -- visible from the hallway from which where Frank was stood against the wall.

She hummed quietly in response, and Frank could hear Gerard's faint voice in the background piping in.

"Who is it?" Frank heard him ask, his insides fluttering lamely at the sound of his voice.

"I don't know," His mother responded simply, handing over the phone to Gerard, as Frank heard his hopeful greeting.

"Hello?" Gerard answered, an excited air to his tone as Frank beamed into the plastic against his ear.

"H--Hi! It's Frank."

"Oh-- oh my gosh, hi," Gerard stammered -- Frank practically hearing the blush through the phone. "Sorry-- I wasn't expecting a call this early."

"I'm sorry, do you want me to call back?" Frank asked, frowning softly.

"No! No, no-- um, you're fine," Gerard spat out frantically, letting out a breathy chuckle into the line. "F-- erm, frick, I suck at talking on the phone."

Frank laughed, tilting his head against the receiver as he curled the cord further around his finger -- feeling giggly and bubbly, almost as if he were a teenage schoolgirl talking with her first crush. "It's alright. Nobody's good at it, I promise you."

"I suck more than average," Gerard retorted with another laugh. "But, erm, anyways," He said quickly, averting the subject back. "Did you... did you want to make plans?"

"For our date?" Frank asked teasingly, smiling into the phone as Gerard stammered.

"Erm, y--yeah. I thought we established that..."

"We did," Frank said simply, shrugging to himself with a small smirk. "How about we go to the movies? Pretty cliché first date, if I do say so myself."

"That sounds fine to me," Gerard replied sheepishly. "What movie?"

"We'll figure something out," Frank shrugged to himself once more. "I think the real question is, when are you available?"

"Erm, I'm actually busy today," Gerard said, clicking his tongue sadly. "But... how about tomorrow?"

"Sounds fine to me," Frank replied. "I'm open all weekend. What time?"

"Uh, two...?" Gerard said hesitantly.

"In the morning?"

"No, afternoon, idiot," Gerard laughed.