★ Seventeen ★

eh this chapter isn't my proudest, i'm sorry :"( i've just come back from a writers slump so,, i'm trying to get back into the rhythm of getting out updates.

take a shot of water every time i say 'giggle', you'll be hydrated

((barely edited))

----

Frank's heart beat shallowly in his ribcage, his head against Gerard's chest as all was calm. Music played softly in the background as they just lay together in Frank's bed -- Frank's eyes closed as Can't Help Falling in Love With You beat slowly from his CD player.

For once, Frank could feel the truths of the lyrics racketing in his chest, smiling softly against Gerard as the latter's hands had slipped beneath Frank's shirt, rubbing small circles into the small of his back. "I love you."

I love you too." Frank smiled, letting his eyes blink open to meet Gerard's -- glimmering with adoration. Neither seemed unable to keep their mouths from spilling the adoring term. Neither minded how often they swapped it, for each time, they only flitted higher on the plane of existence where nothing mattered but the butterflies tingling in their guts.

That fateful afternoon had only been a few days ago, and Frank surely couldn't contain the orchestra in his chest now that he had set it free. Every hour of every day, they wished to sing and praise and boom their symphony -- for he'd never felt something quite this strong towards any other. Gerard was the first one he'd ever fallen in love with, and truly, Frank hoped he would be the only.

Only time would tell, though -- as for now, they were both still young, having the rest of their lives to live as Frank turned to his side -- snuggling into Gerard further as his arms found their place draping over the younger's waist, exhaling softly. Gerard hugged him back, letting out his own breath of contentment as they soaked in the other's warmth, Elvis' smooth voice drawling out of the player atop Frank's desk.

Propping himself onto his elbow to Gerard's level, Frank let out a soft exhale of a giggle -- briefly brushing his nose to Gerard's before carefully pressing his lips to his. Gerard had no objections, smiling softly as he pressed back against Frank -- one of his hands coming to cradle Frank's newly dyed sides.

They were exhaling into each other's mouths as their tongues slowly melded together, Frank's chest clenching around his beating heart -- shaky and excited as they pulled back just enough to gaze at each other, soon leaning in and kissing once more -- soft and gentle as slow presses were applied again and again and again.

"Love you so much..." Frank whispered through breathless kisses, Gerard sneaking in a couple more before sighing softly.

"I know." Was all he said, smiling fondly before tugging Frank back in -- the two simply laying there for the rest of the evening as their lips worked together in a tender, dizzying symphony...

☆☆☆

School, Frank had quickly discovered, was a horrid transition from such a lovely evening spent with Gerard.

Such as where he stood at his locker, blinking through bleary, tired eyes as Ray and Bob approached him -- the teen glancing over, already dreading whatever conversation was to come.

As of recently, Bob had not shut up about the damned bet -- and Frank was growing so sick of the pestering that he was near ready to jump into a ditch and call it quits. But he didn't, just sighing as Bob spoke of what Frank knew was inevitably coming.