two

Emily quickly pulled away knowing this wasn't appropriate, also knowing that it didn't feel right. it didn't feel right because it wasn't JJ, who saw the whole thing from the other car and lost all hope of having a relationship with Emily.
"Prentiss and James, who woulda thought?" Derek laughed not realizing JJ's pain.
"Stop" JJ mumbled under her breath with a small tear running down her cheek.
"You like her" Derek smiled as he looked at JJ.
"Stop" She demanded then they stayed silent the rest of the stake out. It finished fairly fast and the team headed to the BAU.
"James! office now!" Emily demanded madly as she walked past the desks. James got up slowly and went into the office where Emily was standing behind her desk.
"What you did today was extremely inappropriate and I will not stand for behavior like that on my team. I am your Unit Chief, and you had no right to do what you did" Emily explained.
"You're right and I am very sorry, it will not happen again" Avery replied
"It won't" Emily stated as Avery walked out then Emily shared looks with JJ through the window then moved her head which indicated to come in. JJ walked up but before she could enter Emily's office Will came rushing into the BAU and in that moment the blonde knew whatever happens next won't be pretty. He started nagging JJ and packing her things.
"Come on JJ lets go!" Will demanded and everyone stood up as they watched him and Emily came out of her office full of concern.
"What's going on?" Emily asked
"This is none of your business" Will yelled then pulled on JJ's arm which pulled her cardigan revealing all the bruises on JJ's body.
"Yo what the hell man!" Derek yelled as he ran over to Will and took his arm off JJ's.
"She's my girlfriend, and I'm taking her home" Will said loudly as Emily walked over to JJ who was in shock and Emily held her and ran her hand down JJ's head in a calming manner as JJ cried into Emily's shoulder. Will punched Morgan and Morgan could smell the alcohol coming off his body as Penelope ran in after hearing the yell. Rossi walked over to the two men who were fighting and quickly pulled Will in by his collar.
"Listen and listen good, you have five minutes to get out of here before I escort you to the station myself. Now get out and don't you ever touch JJ again" Dave explained then pushed Will away and he walked out madly.
"It's okay, it's okay, he's gone, I've got you" Emily whispered and kissed JJ's head while comforting her which made Avery extremely jealous.
"Em, I'm sorry I-" JJ started
"You're staying at my place tonight" Emily replied then Derek walked over to them and placed his hand on JJ's shoulder in a comforting manner.
"Oh your lip" JJ sighed sadly looking at Derek's wounded face.
"I'm okay... you do whatever it takes to protect your family" Derek replied then hugged JJ. Emily quickly collected her things from her office then wrapped her jacket around JJ and they walked out.
The two women reached Emily's apartment and it was obvious to Emily that JJ was really hurting. They got out of the car and before going in Emily took JJ's hand in hers and they shared a look filled with something that was new between them, a look of love.
"It's okay" Emily reassured the blonde who had red eyes and cheeks from her many tears as they began to walk in. Once inside of Emily's apartment she started a bath for JJ knowing that she needed it, or something to relax her.
"Thank you" JJ mumbled and although she was happy that she was with Emily, she didn't know what was going on with her loved one and Avery.
"JJ, why didn't you tell me about Will? I could've done something months ago" Emily asked worriedly.
"From a very young age, I had to learn to be strong and not to be a burden because of what happened with my sister. Emily, I didn't want to be your burden, you know I should probably go," JJ explained then began walking away but Emily gently grasped her wrist and pulled her back.
"You are not and never will be a burden to me. JJ i-" Emily started and all she wanted to do was tell JJ that she loved her.
"I-you are my best friend and I will always be here for you" Emily exclaimed with love and JJ had wished she used the "L" word then headed to the bathroom. In the tub JJ saw all of her bruises on her thighs and her body caused by Will. The pain and the hurt that channeled through her body, that made her depressed and feel like she deserved nothing. Through the door Emily could hear JJ's small cries and put her hand on the door knob but made the choice to walk away.
After a half hour JJ exited the bathroom in a shirt and pajama pants that Emily had loaned her then made her way to find Emily in her room folding laundry.
"So, you and James, I didn't expect that to happen" JJ said, trying to cover up her pain and heartache.
"James and I aren't a thing, and we never will be a thing, she kissed me and I pushed her away, I have feelings for someone" Emily explained then JJ sat next to Emily on the bed.
"Thank you Emily" JJ replied then held Emily's hand and placed her head on Emily's shoulder.
"For what?" Emily asked as she began rubbing the blondes back. JJ nudged her head into Emily's neck and the perfume radiating off of Emily made JJ feel safe and secure.
"Just for being you" JJ whispered then Emily kissed JJ's wet hair line and held her friend tight and close, which JJ was fine with. Emily finished the laundry then showed JJ to the guest room with a large blanket in her hand.
"I hope you sleep okay, and here is my blanket that you love more than anything" Emily laughed as JJ crawled on the bed.
"Not as much as you" JJ thought then sighed
"Thank you" She replied and it was obvious to Emily that JJ was still hurting. She made herself comfortable on the bed next to JJ which led JJ to become confused.
"What are you doing?" She asked while looking at Emily.
"I know you better than anyone, which means I know that you're hurting, I don't care if you want to talk about it or not but I will be here, the whole night holding you until you fall asleep" Emily explained as she wrapped an arm around JJ and rubbed her shoulder. JJ felt safe in Emily's arms, she never wanted to leave the hold of her best friend, her soulmate.
"It was more than beating, Will I mean, what he did to me, he didn't just beat me, he raped and tortured me too, whenever I was home he would make me throw up then starve me until I had to leave again" JJ explained as a single tear stained her red cheek.
"Oh JJ" Emily sighed sadly and held JJ closer.
"I love you" JJ whispered as she burrowed her head into Emily's chest.
"Always my love" Emily responded and the two quickly drifted to sleep.

(Sorry this one was shorter, I'm trying to make all the parts the same length)