twelve

"I know who you are, you're Emily Prentiss and the only reason I'm not in a psych ward right now is because as messed up as I am you keep me sane, you keep me, me and I think that's why I've been pushing you away, I don't want to feel this pain, I want to love you, I want to love Henry and I want to smile again but I can't." JJ explained and the brunette turned around to see the blonde holding herself in her arms with a sad and distant expression across her face.
"It's okay, we'll get you help, we will get through this together," Emily replied and went over to JJ who then held the brunette tight.
"I love you, and I need you, but I don't know if I can do this, it's so hard," JJ said, breaking down into tears and Emily stroked her hair.
"You can do this, and I will be by your side the whole time my love, I'm right here always" Emily replied.
June 8
It had been a little less than a month and JJ had been seeing a new therapist that had helped her a lot in the little time that she spent with her. Therapy visits were twice a week and she had been prescribed a new anti-anxiety medication and an antidepressant.
Henry had been coming up on his first birthday and the two women couldn't be happier. Their bond had grown into something words couldn't even describe, but they had been closer than ever. JJ told Emily everything even if she didn't ask, JJ wanted to, so Emily began doing the same thing. They would talk about their day, JJ would talk about her therapy sessions, Emily would talk about work, and they would talk about Henry and everything else.
JJ and Emily were on the plane back from a case when JJ got up from her seat and went to the bathroom. Emily knew that this case was hard on JJ, it was about a cult leader forcing teenagers to commit suicide. JJ's older sister Roslyn committed suicide when she was 17 and JJ was 11. Emily was the only one who knew that story and she got up as well and followed JJ. She got to the door of the bathroom, knocked once then walked in.
"Hey, are you alr-" Emily started but was interrupted by JJ's lips being pressed onto hers.
"Lock the door" JJ whispered as she began to move her lips onto Emily's neck.
"J-JJ, Stop" Emily replied gently pushing JJ off of her.
"Why?" JJ asked with a touch of madness.
"This case has been especially hard on you, everything with Roslyn. Talk to me JJ, the past month, everything has been better, we have been sharing everything, just talk to me, tell me how you feel, please love" Emily softly begged and JJ broke down into tears.
"I still don't understand, I don't understand why she did it, she left me Em, and now someone made eleven kids the same age do that to themselves, to their parents, to their siblings. I don't understand" JJ explained and Emily held her.
"No one does, no one understands, the best thing you can do is remember who they were, and all the good memories you have, and I know that you and your sister had a lot of great memories" Emily responded and kissed JJ's head. JJ calmed down and Emiky caressed her cheek.
"You ready to go out there?" The brunette asked
"Ye-Yeah, I'm ready" Emily lightly kissed JJ and they left the bathroom. Both women sat down and Derek saw JJ's red eyes and tear stained cheeks, instead of making a dirty comment he was concerned.
"JJ are you alright?" He asked
"Yeah, I'm okay now" JJ responded before falling asleep on Emily's shoulder.
"Prentiss" Hotch stated softly trying not to wake JJ.
"What's up?" She asked
"Is she alright?" Hotch motioned to the blonde on Emily's shoulder.
"She will be, she just needs to go home, to go see Henry" Emily explained.
The jet landed and the women headed home, as soon they got there JJ placed her bag down and went to Henry's nursery while Emily relieved the nanny. The brunette ordered food for her and JJ then also headed upstairs where she saw JJ holding Henry in her arms.
"I love you so much buddy, mom and I will make sure that you will always be okay" JJ whispered to the infant as Emily watched.
"Ma-ma!" He babbled and JJ smiled.
"Yeah, mama and mommy, will make sure that you will always be okay" JJ said and gently rocked Henry to sleep and placed him in his crib. The blonde left the nursery and headed downstairs where Emily was on the couch with food on the coffee table.
"Hey, I got you that summer salad you like" Emily said once she heard JJ's footsteps.
"With-" the blonde started
"Grilled chicken" Emily smiled which was contagious to JJ who then cuddled up against Emily and kissed her. After she finished her food the blonde picked up a little then settled herself down facing Emily and took the brunette's hand.
"What's wrong?" Emily asked
"Please don't leave me, Emily I have been horrible and I know that I pushed away, but please don't leave, I need you, I-" JJ began to explain as she had a small anxiety attack.
"Hey-Hey, JJ. Calm down. I am never going to leave you, you are everything to me, and I will never leave me. You haven't been horrible, you have been hurt and in pain for months, and after everything we have been through, after years of loving you and not telling you, I'm not going to give up on you, give up on us and everything we've built. JJ I love you and I love our son, and I couldn't ask for any other life" Emily explained as she caressed JJ's cheek.
"Always?" The blonde asked
"Always" Emily responded and kissed JJ passionately.

(Go check out my new Hotchniss fanfic, I will continue this one as well, leave a comment on what you want to see next for JJ and Emily.)