twenty

November 5
Today was the day Elle was leaving the hospital but wasn't happy about it. She had a hard time doing everything and Emily could see the pain it was causing her. Elle was the most athletic person Emily knew besides Derek. The brunette hated seeing her daughter in so much pain, it quite literally pained her. JJ could see how Emily was acting and instead of bringing her back into Elle's room she sent Elle's friends in and took Emily to the set of chairs outside.
"Em, Look at me" JJ said as she took her wife's hand.
"Emily-"
"I was never there for the night mares, or the paper cuts. I was in and out of her life for ten years, I hate seeing her in pain, I can't do this" Emily explained and a single tear stained her cheek.
"She is going to be okay, yes it will be a long recovery process, but she has us, she has her friends, she has the team, and most of all she has Derek, we know that he will help her recover, he's like a dad to our daughter. It's not Me or you, it's us, it's we, we can do this." JJ explained and Emily pulled her closer so that the blonde's head was nuzzled into her neck.
"I love you JJ and I will never stop loving you... Jennifer Jareau, I have loved you since I joined the BAU and I can't imagine my life without you, through all that we've gone through, all that we have done, you were always by my side, even when everyone was mad at me, you were always there and that's all that mattered. We have a beautiful son and I couldn't be more proud or happy of the family and the life we have built. You are my rock, my everything, my life and my heart. You know me better than anyone, you also know that I'm not the sappy type, that I don't usually do stuff like this, but when someone has seen me at my best and at my worst it's hard not to be. You have me forever, I'm yours forever, I will love you forever" Emily explained and JJ had a few tears leaving her eyes.
"You recited your vows" She popped her head up and looked at Emily.
"Yeah" Emily smiled and kissed JJ.
"I love you too," JJ whispered and Elle's friends started trickling out of her room, first Dani and Zach, then Justice and Collin, but Brayden stayed.
"Bye Mrs. Jareau, Bye Mrs. Prentiss" The kids said in unison exchanging goodbyes with their friends. Both the women believed that everyone had left and walked back into Elle's room to see Brayden and her playing Pictionary.
"That is not a dog! That is like a lumpy cow!" Elle exclaimed with laughter and both her mothers were happy to see her filled with happiness after all the pain she had gone through.
"Hey mom, hey mama" Elle said once she realized they were in the room. Brayden turned his head and smiled.
"Hi Mrs. Prentiss, Mrs. Jareau" Brayden greeted.
"Hello Brayden, nice to see you again," JJ replied as she took Emily's hand.
"Mom, can Brayden come over when we go home? I have to finish beating him in Pictionary" Elle laughed
"Okay the only reason that you're beating me is because your broken and I let you win"
"That's like your sixth excuse, just own up to it" Emily and the blonde looked at each other with the same look, the 'they definitely like each other' look.
"Okay, Brayden if it's alright with your parents then of course you can come over, you are always welcome" JJ replied and Emily looked at her with a 'what the hell' look but the blonde just laughed it off.
"Thank you mama" Elle smiled then began drawing.
"See now that's a dog" The couple could hear their daughters laugh as they exited the room.
"JJ!" Emily exclaimed as soon as they got out of the hospital room.
"I know what your going to say babe, and I know that we had a plan, but she's hurt and Brayden distracts her, which is a good thing-" the blonde started
"What's a good thing?" Derek interrupted coming back from a phone call with Savannah.
"Brayden distracts Elle," Emily replied with a small sigh.
"Listen Emily, Brayden is a good kid and I think we know that if it comes to it, he's good for her," Derek said.
"And plus Em, we don't know if there is anything between them, we just know that they are best friends" JJ added and smiled at Emily.
"Let's get her home" Emily shared JJ'S smile and they headed into the hospital room.
Within an hour everyone was back at the house including the family. The guests consisted of Derek, Savannah, Hank, Garcia, Dave, Spencer, Henry, and Brayden. Elle didn't want her other friends there, as much as she loved them. Brayden knew her better than any of them and she liked it that way. Emily brought Elle her medicine then plopped down on the couch next to JJ as the rest of the members played Heads Up. Hank was sitting with Savannah and Henry was on JJ's lap. Everyone was laughing and having a good time before they all fell silent when a small "Dada" came from Henry's two year old voice. JJ stopped her thought process, Will filled her mind, she was getting an anxiety attack that she hadn't had in over a year. Emily took her son from JJ and the blonde quickly ran upstairs. JJ left Elle in confusion and Emily was struggling with what to do with the baby in her arms.
"Emily go, I got him," Dave said and took his 'grandson' out of Emily's arms.
"Whats going on?" Emily heard Elle ask as she ran up the stairs. The brunette turned the corner into her bedroom to see JJ pacing back and forth tears coming out of her eyes. She couldn't breath.
"JJ look at me" Emily stated as she walked over to JJ
"I-I- can't- Emily" JJ hesitated and Emily held her.