seventeen

October 10
    The clock struck midnight, Emily had been in surgery for seven hours almost eight, a doctor had come out midway saying that complications occurred and it may take longer. All the blond could think about was that moment before the gunshot and how she would possibly have to tell Eliana that her mother died which would destroy her world.
"Dammit!" I yelled. A gunshot went off. Blood covered my body, was I hit? I couldn't tell. I looked over and saw Derek with a gun pointed at the unsub who was now dead on the floor behind me. I turned my attention back to Emily and she was now choking more and more on blood. It was an awful sight but I couldn't keep my eyes off her, I loved her and couldn't lose her.
"I need a medic!" I yelled and a team of paramedics quickly came into the living room.
    JJ looked up and there was a spitting image of Emily, same hair, same features, same everything. All the team members' attention was focused on her. She was wearing black joggers with black converse high tops, a vintage red t-shirt and a black sweatshirt. Her hair was pulled into a back bun and it was obvious that she had been crying.
"You must be Elle, why don't we go talk?" JJ suggested wiping a small tear from her cheek.
"That'd be nice," the young brunette said and they soon arrived at a coffee cart.
"Sugar?" The coffee guy asked Eliana after taking her order.
"Splenda please," she responded.
"Wow you really are your mother's daughter" JJ let out a small chuckle and Eliana smiled then the pair continued walking.
"Yeah, my mom is my everything, I hate being away from her. I haven't seen her in three years but we always call or text so I get by" Eliana explained and JJ used her free hand to take Eliana's. The teen looked at her with a questioning look on her face like she knew what JJ was about to say yet wasn't sure, just like her mom.
"No matter what happens you need to know that your mother loves you and she did what she did to protect you and Henry. Her kids are the luckiest people on the planet because they get to have the love and compassion of Emily Prentiss. You also need to know that I will always be here for you, always." JJ explained as the two made their way back to the others just as a surgeon came out.
"Ma'am," The doctor said and JJ turned to the doctor.
"She is out of surgery, there were complications but she made it through, now you can go see her but she isn't awake yet, and please one at a time until she wakes up" the doctor explained
"Thank you so much!" JJ replied happily and Derek along with the rest of the team came over.
"Hey kid, why don't you come over here with me, your mom wouldn't want you to see her like that until she wakes up." Derek suggested and took Eliana to the side. Dave squeezed JJ's hand and the blonde was off to Emily's room. She saw her wife connected to a bunch of tubes and relief filled her body knowing that she was going to be okay. JJ took her place in the side chair next to Emily's bed and took her wife's hand.
"Em, you are the most stubborn person I have ever met, sometimes I can't even remember why I am with you in the first place, but then I remember how much I love you, and how much I cherish what we have. Jeez-I-I uh would never be able to say all this sappy stuff to you if you were awake. I would never hurt you, my life depended on it last night and the only reason I'm not dead now is because of Derek. I love you so much Emily and you have raised her to be such an amazing young woman. I guess kids and you just work out, Henry loves you, Elle loves you and whenever we have cases involving kids they love you. I am so lucky that I get to call you my wife" JJ explained and felt a small squeeze on her hand.
"Yeah you are" Emily said weakly and JJ looked up to see her wife's smile.
"Em, she's here," JJ said as she rubbed Emily's cheek.
"Can-um-can I see her?" Emily asked and JJ shook her head then left a small kiss on Emily's forehead and left the hospital room where she found Eliana surrounded by the team.
"Elle-she's up" JJ started and the young Prentiss ran over to the blonde and hugged her.
"Can I see her?" Eliana asked while hugging JJ who was stroking her hair. JJ gently kissed the top of Eliana's head in a motherly manner and pulled away.
"Yeah, yeah, let's go" JJ replied and the two were off to Emily's room
"Mom!" Eliana exclaimed and she ran over to the hospital bed.
"Hey lovey," Emily said with a bit of weakness and she hugged her daughter as tight as she could, which wasn't very much due to her just coming out of surgery.
"I have missed you so much" Eliana whispered and Emily made space for her daughter to lay on the bed with her. JJ made her way back into her side chair and she smiled at the two brunettes.
"There is something we want to tell you" JJ started signaling Emily with her eyes and her wife knew exactly what she was talking about.
"Elle, I want you to move back, move in with us, I don't want to miss another award, another presentation f, anot-" Emily started but Elle cut her off.
"I can't wait" Elle said and JJ stood up, taking both of them in her arms for a hug.
"I think this guy wants a hug too." Garcia walked in with Henry in her arms and everyone pulled away.
"Ah- is this-is this her- is this" Garcia started with a smile filling her face
"Yes Penelope, this is Eliana, and yes I know that you know" Emily gave out a small chuckle and JJ took the baby from Garcia and placed him next to Emily on the bed as the other blonde hugged Eliana. Soon the whole team was in Emily's room. All of them getting to know the person who is called her daughter. She explained how even though she is exactly like her mother she is her own person at the same time. Captain of the soccer team aka football so she and JJ bonded over that. Reid and Elina bonded over history, Derek and her talked about working out and even had a plan to go to the gym together. Rossi talked to her about the Italian cuisine while Penelope talked to her about makeup that Eliana didn't wear because she hated the feeling of it all over her face but she didn't need it, she had true beauty.
"Okay guys, maybe turn it down a little, she's gonna be here for a while, you can all have your turn but now just don't overwhelm her" JJ explained
"Jen, I'm okay" Eliana turned to her stepmom and smiled then JJ threw her hands up in defeat.
"What do you mean a while?" Spencer asked
"Eliana is moving in with us" Emily responded and everyone let out a load of cheers.
    A couple of hours passed and the team left, JJ, Emily, Henry and Eliana were the only occupants of the hotel room. Eliana was cuddled up against her mother, Henry was asleep in his carrier and JJ was in her side chair while also holding Emily's hand.
"She likes you," Emily whispered, looking at JJ.
"I like her, she's an amazing young woman. Em, you have done a great job" JJ explained.
"Correction my mother has done a great job," Emily replied and looked down at her daughter who was asleep on her chest.
"Emily, She adores you, she loves you, you did that, hell, Eliana and you are the exact same person" JJ let out a small chuckle.
"She has everything but my scars, and my nose so thank god for that" The brunette smiled.
"I like your nose" JJ replied.