twenty-seven

2 years later
June 1
    Two years passed and Elle was off to college at Georgetown following JJ's footsteps. She had gotten an apartment with Brayden and would visit all the time. Henry was in kindergarten and about to turn six. JJ and Emily were in marriage counseling for a year and a half which had brought them closer on so many things. The couple stopped therapy months ago and have been better than ever, even though they had thought it before, now it was true, it was real.
"Emily! Get down here, she's going to be here any minute, we only have one shot at this" JJ yelled from the living room as she put out the cheese plate she made for their guest.
"Calm down babe, it's going to be fine" Emily reassured her wife as she came down the stairs. The brunette made her way to JJ and placed her hands on her hips pulling the blonde closer.
"Emily, please help me clean up" JJ asked, escaping Emily's hold.
"JJ you have cleaned this place up over and over again, stop worrying, we're going to be fine, it's going to be fine" Emily explained and a knock came from the door.
"It's time" Emily whispered then lightly kissed JJ and went to open the door. Standing on the front porch was a woman in a dark green pantsuit with a briefcase.
"Hello, I'm Georgia Hall, the social worker supposed to meet with Emily and Jennifer Prentiss?" The woman asked
"Hi I'm Emily, come on in" Emily exclaimed happily and led the woman to the dining room.
Hi I'm Jennifer, so nice to meet you" JJ introduced herself and gave the social worker some tea.
"So for starters I have a few questions I need to ask and then we can do the home inspection? Sound good?" The social worker asked.
"Great, thank you let's start" Emily said and she squeezed JJ'S hand.
After the questioning it was time for the home inspection. JJ and Emily showed the social worker around their house and upstairs to the new baby's room.
"So this is the baby's room" JJ stated, opening the door to reveal a gender neutral room and the social worker went in to check it out.
"Okay then, well I guess that's it, I think I have everything I need, I'll be in touch" Georgia explained, closing her binder.
"That's all?" Emily asked
"Yes, and I think everything will work out for you, we have a baby boy a little over three days old, if this goes through fast enough, I can get her here tomorrow" Georgia responded and the couple was shocked with happiness.
"Thank you so much!" JJ exclaimed and almost knocked the social worker down with a hug. The social worker left and JJ couldn't contain her happiness.
"We're gonna have another baby," JJ smiled.
"We are" Emily replied and pulled the blonde into a hug.
    After their "moment" the couple gathered their belongings and headed to work. Emily went straight to her office and started her paperwork before she was interrupted by Elle, who looked extremely happy, her mother knew exactly why but didn't show it. Emily got up and went over to Elle then sat her down on the couch.
"New piece of jewelry?" Emily asked with a smirk.
"Brayden proposed last night"Elle exclaimed and showed her mother the ring.
"I know, he asked Derek, your mom and I for our blessing about a month ago, he really loves you" Emily smiled.
    A couple hours passed and JJ, Emily, Elle, Brayden and Henry were having a family night, a couple games and a movie, it was small but they tried to get together as much as they could with their jobs. They were on their second movie when a knock came from the front door. Brayden got up to answer it and there was the social worker holding the small baby boy.
"Uh- Emily, JJ, it's for you" Brayden smiled and the couple went to the door to see their new baby boy.
"I pulled a few strings, sorry I didn't call but I thought you might want your baby a day early" the social worker smiled and handed the baby boy to JJ.
"Thank you so much" JJ exclaimed and Emily held her as she held the baby.
There they were, the blonde and the brunette, seven years together, three kids, and full of love.

The End