twenty-one

A couple hours passed and by this time everyone was gone. Henry was asleep and Emily, JJ, and Elle were in their guest bedroom on the first floor. Elle was sleeping in there so she wouldn't have to struggle up and down the stairs. Emily was on one side of Elle and JJ was on the other stroking her hair.
"So that's what happened" JJ said after explaining everything that happened with Will and Elle was in shock.
"I can't believe it-" Elle started
"What can't you believe?" Emily asked
"That mama was with a guy" Elle laughed and Emily did as well.
"If you weren't hurt, I would make you" JJ laughed as she left a small kiss on her daughter's head then got up and headed out of the room and Emily waited a minute before following.
"Goodnight love" Emily whispered as she also got up.
"Night mom" Elle smiled and Emily shut the light off then left the guest room and headed to her own. Both Emily and JJ took a shower then got cuddled up into bed, JJ had her head on Emily's chest as the brunette stroked her wife's hair.
"Emily" JJ asked, looking up.
"Mhmm, what's up?" The brunette asked as she turned a page in her book.
"Today when Elle's friends said goodbye, something just, I don't know, the way they addressed us, Mrs. Jareau and Mrs. Prentiss, something just didn't feel right, like we're married now, we should have the same last name" JJ explained and it was obvious to Emily that this had been on her wife's mind longer than she thought.
"JJ, why didn't you bring this up sooner?" Emily asked and closed her book.
"We never talked about it before the wedding and I didn't know how you felt about it an-" The blonde started.
"Stop overthinking it." Emily adjusted herself so she was facing JJ.
"You overthink a lot of things" Emily whispered and kissed JJ.
"I know, but the good part is, is that you understand it" JJ smiled and cuddled up to the brunette next to her.
"Can we talk more about this tomorrow? I have one more thing I have to do before going to bed" Emily replied and lightly kissed JJ's head.
"What do you have to do?" The blonde asked as her wife got out of bed.
"Well as you know there is a spot on the team open ever since Hotch left and there is an agent coming in tomorrow for an evaluation, Agent Jessica Carter from counter terrorism." Emily explained
"Let's just hope this one doesn't have a crush on you" JJ replied and Emily laughed.
"I'll be back within an hour" Emily said and left to go to the office. About two hours passed and Emily was still in the office and the sleepy blonde made her way in. She knocked twice on the door and walked in with her robe wrapped around her.
"Em, it's twelve, come to bed" JJ begged and she made her way closer to the brunette then turned the office chair around and sat on Emily's lap. The blonde rubbed the back of Emily's neck and Emily signed another sheet of paperwork.
"JJ, I'll be there in a minute, just let me finish this up." Emily replied and rubbed JJ's thigh.
"Emily, you have been in here for more than two hours, come to bed, don't let another girl pull you away" JJ laughed and Emily looked at her.
"You're truly crazy if you think another woman is going to take me away from you, because you Jennifer Jareau are the love of my life" Emily explained and put her file away then JJ led her out of the office and back to bed.
November 13
About a week passed and Elle's recovery was awful, she was in pain everyday and with Emily's job JJ chose to stay home for the week. The new agent was at the BAU and quickly forming friendships with everyone, except Emily who of course, she happened to have a crush on. She had no idea that Emily was married to JJ who hadn't been at work but it was obvious to Derek that she had feelings for someone.
Emily was in her office before anyone came into the BAU. The agents started trickling in and JJ was the last one to get off the elevator. The brunette saw JJ walk off with two coffees in her hand and quickly went to her office door.
"JJ, a minute?" Emily asked, JJ placed the second coffee down on her desk then headed to her wife's office.
"Hey" Emily said, closing the door.
"I missed you this morning" JJ replied sadly and Emily kissed her which quickly brightened her spirits.
"I missed you too, how's Elle?" Emily asked as the couple sat down on the couch.
"This is for you and Elle is, she's in a lot of pain. Brayden is going to drop her off lunch and try to get her to do some PT, I think Derek should go over for a little while" JJ suggested as she handed Emily the coffee then placed her head on Emily's shoulder.
"Yeah, I think that's a good idea, Garcia was talking about maybe going out tonight to get to know Agent Carter, Maybe Derek can go talk to Elle" Emily replied and JJ intertwined their fingers.
"Em, where's your wedding ring?" JJ asked worriedly and the blonde pulled her necklace that had the ring on it.
"I don't want to lose it." Emily whispered, leaning in to kiss JJ.
Hours passed and it was time to go out. They had planned to go to a bar and grille so Derek went along just to pick up food for Elle. Everyone but Emily was there, she was just finishing up paperwork but JJ knew she'd come. JJ and Jessica got introduced and sat next to each other, talking more yet Jessica still didn't know that she and Emily were married. while waiting for food Derek hounded her on her crush.
"So who is it?" Derek asked
"Yeah Jess, who's your FBI crush?" Garcia asked and JJ filled with interest towards the subject.
"It's um-" Jessica started but Emily interrupted her by filling the space between the new agent and JJ. Jessica's cheeks grew red and everyone except Emily and JJ could see it and everyone soon figured out who her crush was.
"Sorry I'm late" Emily stated and gave JJ a small kiss.