twenty-three

A month later
December 15
The blonde was in the waiting room sitting next to the other agents with barely any tears in her eyes. A hard month had passed for her and Emily, separated from their kids and nothing could fill that void. Derek was sitting on one side of JJ and Jessica was on the other in tears. Her love for Emily had grown extremely and the thought of what had happened pained her a little, but the blonde was in excruciating pain knowing what had happened.
"Stop" JJ demanded
"you don't get to do that, you don't get to cry!" JJ exclaimed
"It took me a long time to accept love, and an even longer time to accept it from her. So you don't get to cry!" JJ yelled and Derek pulled her into his chest as she broke down into tears. All the blonde could think about was what happened hours ago.
Five Hours ago
"JJ, if anything happens to me, I need you to know that I love you, more than anything in this world. I love you" Emily explained as she drove to the destination Garcia sent them. The blonde took her wife's free hand and looked at her.
"Emily, nothing is going to happen to you, I promise" JJ replied and kissed Emily's cheek.
"I love you" JJ whispered
"always my love" Emily smiled and they pulled up to a dark house with a lot of land. Emily got out of the car before JJ and with the knowledge of what might happen she locked JJ in.
"Emily!" JJ yelled but Emily walked away, gun in hand and met up with Derek. JJ struggled to get out of the car but one of the officers finally did after gunshots went off. She grabbed her gun and ran to the roots of the sound where she saw Emily on the ground with blood on her vest. The blonde knelt down beside her and held her hand as she stroked Emily's hair. The brunette struggled to stay awake as she heard JJ speak.
"Em-Emily, stay awake, come on please stay awake. Please Emily. I love you so much and I really hate that you did this but I love you so much and I can't lose you, I can't live without, because you are the only way that I can live, that I can function, so please just look at me" JJ begged with tears coming out of her eyes.
Present Day
As JJ cried everyone looked at her with sadness until Elle and Henry came in with Elizabeth. Elle was still using crutches but walking and bending her knee came easier to her.
"Mama!" She exclaimed and JJ got up and ran over to her daughter. Jessica watched them and felt horrible, she wiped her tears, got up and walked away.
"Where's mom?" Elle asked, it was obvious she didn't know what was going on. JJ pulled her to a more private section of the waiting area and Derek joined.
"You and I both know that your mom will do whatever it takes to protect her family and that's what she did. She found the guy, and before Derek turned the corner he shot your mom. She had her vest on but he got her right above her heart. She's in surgery" JJ explained and just like that she watched her daughter's world collapse.
"But-but I never got to say goodbye, I never got to tell her I love her!" Elle exclaimed.
"I know, I know love, it's going to be okay, I promise, we can get through this" JJ replied and stroked her daughter's brunette hair that was identical to her wife's.
"Family of Emily Prentiss" A doctor asked and JJ shot up.
"That's me!" JJ exclaimed and Derek put his hands on JJ'S shoulders as Dave helped Eliana.
"She's a fighter, she's awake and is asking for a Jennifer" The doctor stated then led JJ to her wife's hospital room.
JJ Sat down next to Emily's bed and gently rubbed her hand.
"Hey" Emily said weakly and smiled at the blonde in front of her.
"Are you in pain?" JJ asked.
"No the drugs they ha-" Emily started but was interrupted by JJ hitting her good arm.
" I swear to God Emily, if you ever pull a stunt like that again I will divorce you!" JJ exclaimed
"JJ-" Emily began and JJ collapsed in her chair with tears in her eyes.
"No! You can't keep putting yourself in danger because you want to save others, you can't keep being a hero, our kids need you, I need you, to live to breath, I need you and you're not very useful when you're dead in a casket. Please Em, just stop being the hero" JJ begged with sadness throughout her entire body.
"JJ, I'm the un-"
"No! You are a wife and a mother first, so please, just please stop being the hero" JJ begged once more and with her good arm Emily cupped JJ'S cheek and wiped a tear.
"When I sit next to you on the jet on the way to a case I don't want to be scared that you may not be sitting next to me on the way back" the blonde added
"I'm sorry, and I promise you that I will stop, I never knew you felt this way and I am so sorry that I scare you, you know that I never want to do that" Emily explained and pulled JJ on the bed with her.
"I love you so much, and I want to grow old with you but I don't want to lose you before I have to" JJ said and softly cuddled up to Emily trying not to hurt her.
"Always my love, always"Emily replied and left a small kiss on JJ'S head.

(I'm thinking about ending this, I'm very appreciative for how far it brought me on this app, please tell me what you think in the comments. If I continue with this I'm going to need some ideas and tell me what you guys want to see)