ten

December 25
JJ woke up in Emily's arms and smiled at the brunette's lavender scent that made her go weak in the knees. JJ left a small kiss on Emily's cheek and slowly got up to make her way to the bathroom. She undressed and looked over her body, all the scars that were caused by Tom Birch from his hard leather belt and the burning cattle prod, the gunshot and worst of all the rape. Yes, she had been through it before but when she saw Will dead in front of her the blonde knew that her countless nights of abuse were over. JJ ran her hand over the bandage on her side and knew that tomorrow she'd be getting them out. The blonde got into the shower and all she thought about was that day, five days ago, beaten, raped, tortured all of it ran through her mind over and over.
Once she got out of the shower Emily was up getting dressed. JJ stared at the back of Emily's body and saw the smooth skin untouched by metal and leather then quickly looked away. Emily finished dressing then drew all her attention to JJ.
"Merry Christmas my love" She exclaimed and left a small kiss On JJ's lips.
"Hey, when is everyone coming over?" JJ asked implying about the big Christmas breakfast they had planned with the team.
"They should be here son, go get dressed, take your time please" Emily explained and went to kiss JJ but got the cheek. JJ was distant and Emily knew that after all she had been through it was best to give her time. Once Emily left the room JJ dropped her towel and threw on a black bra and a red sweater with black leggings. After she got dressed the water dripping from her hair over her face brought her back to that night. The blood was everywhere. JJ looked down and placed her hand on her wound then took a deep breath and began brushing and drying her hair.
"Hello princess. Merry Christmas!" Derek exclaimed as he came inside with Savannah and Hank and JJ could hear him from upstairs.
"Hey, thanks for coming" Emily greeted him with a hug then motioned for him to sit down on the couch as Savannah settled into a chair with Hank on her lap. The conversation turned quiet and JJ was no longer listening. She was looking in the mirror at the person who looked like her but she didn't recognize.
"So how is she?" Derek asked and Emily sighed then looked at the floor beneath her.
"She Is JJ, you know how she gets, she needs time" Emily explained and another person walked through the door. It was Hotch, Beth and Jack. The young Hotchner quickly ran over to the three year old on Savannah's lap and they began playing on the floor.
"Emily, we are here for you if you need anything at all" Savannah said before more conversation started with more people. Emily left her place on the couch and gently squeezed Savannah's shoulder as she walked over to Hotch.
"So?" He asked
"She's talking in her sleep again, she doesn't know it but some nights if she didn't get nightmares JJ would talk in her sleep and it's getting worse. She goes on and on about the team finding her. Hotch I'm worried, I don't know if this is about Will or Birch. She needs help but is never going to listen to me, I've tried before and it didn't go well" Emily explained and Hotch let out a sigh.
"I'll see what I can do, maybe I can talk to Strauss about having her see a mandatory therapist before returning to work" Hotch suggested and Emily mouthed "thank you" as she saw JJ coming downstairs.
Reid walked in with Rossi and before everyone knew it they were eating breakfast and celebrating Christmas together as one big blended family.
February 3
Months passed since JJ'S abduction and the nightmares returned. Worse than ever. Emily did all she could to help but nothing did. JJ had been going to therapy as a mandatory requirement to come back to work and Emily was extremely thankful. JJ was at the grocery store in the baby food Isle when she turned the corner and saw him there. Will. He was back and back for blood. JJ turned around and told herself that it wasn't real but then made her way to a different section and saw Tom Birch. More isles were walked down and corners turned when the blonde's small panic turned into a full attack and she ran to the bathroom.
"Spence" JJ exclaimed sadly as her best friend answered the phone.
"JJ why are you crying what's wrong?" He asked worriedly.
"I-I need you to come to the grocery store, I'm in the bathroom and I-i need help" She trembled and it was obvious from the sound of her voice that she was not alright. He got up from his desk at the BAU and began to leave but Emily stopped him.
"Reid, was that JJ on the phone?" She asked with concern
"Yeah, she needs help, she's at the grocery store," Reid explained.
"I'll drive." Emily stated and they rushed out of the building.
Within twenty minutes they were at the store and knocking on the bathroom door. JJ let them in and immediately jumped when she saw Reid panic and fear filled her eyes.
"jennifer, are you alright?" Reid asked worriedly and before the blonde could answer she pulled her gun from her purse and pulled it at Spencer thinking it was Will.
"Get away from me!" She yelled
"JJ!" Emily exclaimed so filling with worry and Reid slowly put his hands up and took a step back.
"JJ it's me, it's Spencer" the tall genius said but she didn't believe him.
"No! No you're not, you're a New Orleans police officer, you're supposed to be dead" She yelled and Emily realized what was going on. The brunette took a step closer to her love and placed a hand on the gun.
"JJ, it's me, it's Emily" Emily reassured her.
"E-Emily" She trembled and fell into Emily's arms. The brunette grabbed the gun and gave it to Reid then held JJ.
"I don't know what's real" She cried and it broke Emily to see the person she loved more than anything breaking on the inside.
"I'm real, I'm real" Emily whispered as she stroked JJ'S hair then kissed her forehead.
"I'm real my love" The brunette added