nine

"JJ! It's me, it's Emily," Emily said and I lowered my gun. Jeez I almost killed the person I was in love with. Nice going.
"Oh-um-I-um, I'm sorry" I replied and holstered my gun. I heard Emily say something but I couldn't quite make it out, I just paid attention to the words rolling off her lips.
"-get out of the house" I think she suggested something so I just nodded along.
    She took my hand in hers, and I could feel my palms sweat, but hers were too, was she nervous? Did she feel the same way about me? Garcia was just shot, I can't think about this, but it's all I can think about. All I wanted to do in that moment was kiss Emily, and let her hold me but all I could do was glance over.
"We need a medic!" Derek yelled after running over to the blonde and seeing Emily crying over the unconscious JJ.
"Stay with me JJ, don't leave me, don't leave Henry!" Emily begged as she sobbed.
"JJ, What happened?" Emily asked as she stroked my hair.
"I don't how, but Will was here, he was here Em" I explained and I think she thought I was delusional.
"It was just a nightmare, no one is here" Emily reassured me as she held me in her arms. It was the next day and I was so mad, Emily saw me as a burden and I hated the feeling of it. We headed to the hotel and like always I was roomed with Emily. Anger filled my body and instead of talking to Emily I blew off everything she said and curled up in the bed and fell asleep just to wake up to another nightmare.
"Get off" I said with tears in her eyes while pushing Emily off. Emily pinned my arms to the bed and stayed over me as I looked into her gorgeous brown eyes that were filled with love and comfort.
"No! No! Because you can't sleep without me, you need me and you know it" Emily explained and I stopped fidgeting and looked at Emily once more.
"E-Emily" I mumbled then our lips grew closer.
"You need me" Emily whispered then gently moved a piece of my hair behind my ear and I moved to caress Emily's cheek.
"I-I need you" I trembled as I shook my head then kissed Emily. Emily deepend the kiss and stroked my blonde locks, then I rolled over and got on top of Emily.
"I came back to you"
"Don't leave me" I exclaimed weakly
"Always my love" Emily replied and I looked into her eyes as I got lifted into the ambulance. That time she wasn't joking, Emily really loved me and it felt like so many bricks were lifted from my shoulders.
    More dreams and flashbacks flooded JJ's mind as her life was hanging on by a thread. She dreamed of her short life with Emily, and their son. She dreamed of everything you could think of, everything she wanted, every regret, all of it.
    She also dreamed of her team, how she loved Garica' personality and how she always finds a way to make people happy. How Derek seems like such a tough guy but in the end is nothing but a softie. Reid being able to recite every conversation that they ever shared. How even though he intimidated everyone at first, Rossi became a father figure to all of them and was always the first one there if they needed him. How Hotch wasn't always a hard ass. And how Emily had loved her no matter what the situation and bothe knew that they would never stop loving each other.
    JJ woke up eight hours later in a hospital bed. She looked down and saw Emily's head placed on her arms on the bed, she was asleep. The blonde slowly and quietly lifted her hospital gown where she saw a large bandage on her side from where she was shot. JJ gently ran her hand over it and winced in pain. She lowered the hospital gown then began stroking Emily's hair.
"JJ" Emily sighed with relief and took JJ's hand, holding it like she never wanted to let go.
"Hey stranger" the blonde smiled and Emily kissed her hand and looked at the beautiful blonde in front of her .
"You know I love you right?" JJ asked weakly
"Yeah and I love you more" Emily smiled and JJ cupped the brunette's cheek who then softly leaned into it.
    Emily was laying on the couch as JJ rested and all she could think about was how she almost lost her. It's been so long since she knew she loved JJ and she almost lost her. "Was I the right person for her? Can I protect her?" Emily wondered to herself.
"Emily" the weak and tired blonde asked sleepily.
"Yeah, what's wrong?" Emily responded due to the clear worried expression across JJ's face
"I had a dream when I was in surgery and Henry had no one, and I need him to have someone if something were to ever happen to him and I want him to have you-" JJ began to explain and Emily knew exactly what she was getting at then stood up.
"Of course JJ, that little boy is one of the best parts of my life and I would love to adopt him" Emily responded and kissed JJ's forehead as Penelope walked in with the baby.
"Someone wanted his mommies!" She explained and all of the women smiled at the small babbling baby.
"Thank you Penelope" JJ replied as the other blonde handed her Henry.
"I'll let you guys have some family time" Penelope excused herself then Henry laughed and both Emily and JJ smiled. At this point Emily was in the hospital bed with JJ asleep with her head on Emily's chest as Emily held Henry. The brunette couldn't be more happy, but that would change once she finds out what the future holds.