Chapter two: Rachel's Dream

~Aqua's POV~

This castle's incredible...

Intricate designs ran along the walls, which were a soft shade of pink. There were rows of hot pink curtains, and the huge staircase was covered with a red carpet, while the floor was dark blue. I felt someone lay a hand on me, from the back, and turned to look. "Rachel! How...? You shouldn't be here. It's too dangerous. I have to take you back to Master Eraqus." "But--"

"Mademoiselle! Senorita! Wait!" A girl ran past us, someone chasing after her. "Aqua!" A familiar voice called from above. "Terra!" He stood above, and ran down the stairs.

That was good. Now I had a chance to talk to him. 

"Terra... Ven ran away from home." "What?" "I think he left to go find you. Do you have any idea why?" "No..." He seemed to remember something. "Actually... Just before I left, he tried to tell me something. I should've listen to what he had to say." Terra started to walk towards the entrance, then stopped. "So... Did you manage to locate Master Xehanort?" I asked. "No," He replied, "But it seems he's looking for pure hearts, filled with light." "Pure hearts... filled with light..." 

It reminded me of what the Master had said about Rachel.

Her light is of the utmost importance. She must be kept safe.

"All I can tell you is that his search hasn't taken him here." 

"Alright. I'll stay and see if I can find more clues." "Okay. The Prince is in the ballroom up ahead. He might have some answers." "Thanks." Taking the little girl's hand, I turned to head upstairs. "Aqua." Terra called again. "You still have the same dream?" "Well... Yes." "There's this girl here. Her name is Cinderella. She made me realize how powerful it is to believe. No matter how impossible things may seem... a powerful enough dream will always be enough to light the darkness. If you see her, give her my thanks." 

"Will do." "How about you?" He softened, kneeling in front of Rachel. "Do you have a dream?" "...I wanna be strong enough to wield the Keyblade one day." "Well, if you keep believing, you'll get there one day." "Okay!" My friend left, and we turned back to the staircase.

He'll be alright. He won't give into it.

I walked through the halls, Rachel close behind. Three women walked by, and my mind flashed. "Who were those ladies?" Rachel asked. "I'm not sure." "Oh!" Said the man that had run by moments before. "If I recall correctly, that is Lady Tremaine and those are her daughters." There was something very wrong about them.

"You came back!" A voice called. A young man approached. He seemed to have been talking about me, but then realized something. "Oh! My apologies. I was mistaken." "Your Highness, I found this on the palace stairs." "A glass slipper?" "One dropped by a lovely young lady, and I'll search far and wide to find the maiden to whom this belongs." "You will?" "Of course, Your Highness. After all, you've finally found someone whom you wish to marry. Upon hearing that happy news, your father, the king, has decreed that a quest shall begin immediately throughout the kingdom. And I will start with the closest residence-- that of Lady Tremaine." They walked off, and I turned to Rachel. "We had better pay Lady Tremaine a visit." "Kay!"

~Rachel's POV~

"You honor our humble home, m'lord." The man cleared his throat. "Quite so." "May I present my daughters, Drizella and Anastasia."

"As I feared." Aqua said. "There's darkness here." I hadn't known what she meant, but it scared me. She summoned her Keyblade, and stepped forward. "Wait!" An echoey voice called. "It's dangerous to fight darkness with light, my dear."