Chapter eleven: Parting Ways

~Aqua's POV~

I flew through the Lanes Between, and Rachel pointed to a figure, floating in the distance.  

Is that... Mickey?

"How'd this happen?" I pulled him closer, and he murmured in his sleep. "Master Yen... Sid..." "Don't worry. I'll take you back to him." We flew off with him, to the Mysterious Tower. 

"Aqua," Said Master Yen Sid. "The stars bring me grave news. Master Eraqus's star has blinked out. I am afraid that means he has been struck down." I heard a tiny gasp, and Rachel looked up at me. "The Master?" I repeated. "But-- who is responsible?" "Master Xehanort... and Terra."

~Rachel's POV~

Aqua shook her head, and slammed both fists on the table. "No!" She shouted. "That's absurd! Terra would never!" "I hope with all my heart that you are right about your friend. There are some things even the stars cannot tell me." 

"Where is he?" She demanded. "Where can I find Terra?" I shifted my gaze to the door as a young man walked inside, falling to the floor and leaning against the wall with a heavy sigh.

~Ryan's POV~

A short time ago...

"Both of you, stop!" I shouted, throwing an arm out in front of Ventus. Terra and Master Eraqus were bashing each other's Keyblades. "Enough, Terra!" Said the boy. "He's right..." "Quiet!" "Terra..." The Master leapt back and fired a ball of light, and I threw myself in front of my friend. Ventus and I were knocked back and I hit my head. The last thing I saw was the young Keyblade wielder being lifted off the ground, before everything went dark.

~Terra's POV~

The Master fell to his knees, disappearing and leaving only his Keyblade as Terra tried to catch him. A minute passed as he looked up, then lowered his head, his arms shaking slightly. "Master Eraqus!" Tears dotted the ground, and someone took a step forward. "What a sight. Why do you trouble yourself with remorse, Master Terra? The man was bent on doing harm to your friend, his own pupil!" 

"Master Xehanort! Why?" "You know, at times I find your progress quite striking. But you still fall short. Let all that anger out, my boy. Give your heart over to darkness!"

He got to his feet, and summoned Ends Of The Earth. "What do you mean?" "Still so blind... Then I will make you see. Come to the place where all Keyblade wielders leave their mark on fate-- the Keyblade Graveyard! There you will watch your dear Ventus and Aqua meet their ends, and the last light within you will die!" A huge dark orb appeared in the sky.

"You won't need a home anymore where you're going!" "What!? Xehanort!" The man left, and a everything started rising toward the orb in the sky. A part of the ground broke off, drawn to it, and the still unconscious Ryan slid off, falling off the ledge. "No!" Terra jumped onto his glider, and swooped down to catch him.

Ryan opened his eyes. "You okay?" "Y-yeah." "We have to get out of here." He pulled out his Wayfinder. "Ven, Aqua... I won't let him hurt you."

~Aqua's POV~

Now...

"Terra's heart is leading him to the ancient Keyblade Graveyard, where wielders of those weapons once waged war." "Alright. I have to go after him... and see if it's true." 

~Rachel's POV~

"Ryan!?" "Huh?" He looked surprised, "Rachel, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you." I replied.

Ryan shook his head, "You need to--"

"Both of you need to get someplace safe."

"But..."

"Rachel. Go home with your brother. It's what you wanted, right?"

"Well, yeah..." Aqua turned to leave, and Ryan laid a hand on my shoulder. "C'mon."

We went outside, and Ryan pulled me onto the glider. "Wait. What if I don't see her again?" "You will." "Yeah, probably. But... can I at least say goodbye?" "...Yeah." 

"Aqua, wait!" "Huh?" She knelt. "I-- I just..." I threw my arms around her, tears flooding my eyes completely out of nowhere. "What's wrong?" "I don't wanna say goodbye." She wrapped an arm around me. "It won't be forever. I'll come see you once I bring Terra back. I promise." "O-okay." "You're brother's waiting." Reluctantly, I ran back to him, and we went home.

~Aqua's POV~

Terra, Ven... please just be safe. I'll find a way to get you out of this.

I headed to the place Master Yen Sid told me about.

The Keyblade Graveyard.