Chapter three: The Miracle Of Love

~Aqua's POV~

Rachel followed me through a dark forest, and we came across a small cottage. Seven men were sitting around a glass coffin, and Rachel already seemed to understand. "If you'd like, you could stay back here, while I talk to them." "No, I can handle it." We walked over to the men. "What has happened here?" 

One of them turned, saying, "Poor Snow White... She was just as sweet as could be." Rachel peeked inside, gasping and throwing her arms around me as I knelt. "She sang us purty songs..." "And made us smile." "At bedtime, she told us wonderful stories..." "About falling in love, an' the Prince she'd met." "An when we went to work, she gave us all a kiss..." "She was so full of kindness-- why she made better folk than all of us." By the time they'd finished, the young Rachel's eyes were glistening. I motioned, and she walked off, sitting on a tree stump.

"From what you've said, she must have been very loved. But, how did this happen to her?" "The wicked Queen was horribly jealous of our dear Snow White's beauty. So she used her evil magic to change into an old hag, and then she gave Snow White a poisoned apple." "An' by the time we got here... Well, it was just too late. We found the Princess as still as can be... Nothing we could do would wake her." 

"Isn't there some way we can help her?" "Well, not unless somebody craves the bastle-- uh, braves the castle." "All you fools can stay here doin' nothin'." One of the men decided. "But I'm not afeard a goin', not even to that witch's lair!" "You'll never make it. The castle's supposed to be guarded by magic, an' filled with monsters." "Alright. Then I'll go." "You will?" "I will. Leave it to me." "Well alright, my dear. We'd be much obliged." 

~Rachel's POV~ 

Aqua headed to the castle. Once I'd finally pulled myself together, I caught up with her. "Is something wrong?" She asked a man dressed in fancy clothes. "This castle-- it's different somehow. And I can't find the princess or hear her beautiful voice. Was it all a dream?" "Wait. You mean you know Snow White?" 

"Oh yes, we met once. It was a song that drew us together... Has something happened to the princess?" "Yes, I'm afraid so... The wicked Queen tricked her into eating a poisoned apple." "I must go to her! Where is she?" "In the woods, guarded by seven kind dwarves." "I will find her. Perhaps there is a way I can help." 

"Aqua?" "Yes?" "Is it just me... or does something about this room just feel... wrong?" "No, you're right." I walked up to the mirror. "Hey, be careful--" She jumped in front of me and was sucked into it. "Aqua!" My friend reappeared a few minutes later. "You okay?" "I'm fine." A mask appeared in the mirror. "The Queen is gone, my service done. Adieu, O victorious one." He disappeared, and Aqua laid a hand on the glass. 

We returned to the dwarves, the Prince standing behind them. The glass had been removed from Snow White's coffin, and the Prince walked over and knelt, kissing her on the lips. Then he bowed his head, and Aqua's expression saddened even more. "Wait-- look." I said, pointing. 

~Aqua's POV~

Snow White had opened her eyes. She sat up, stretching, and the Prince scooped her up in his arms. The dwarves danced and cheered. "That's so sweet. It's just like a miracle..." Suddenly, my mind flashed. A memory, from what felt like so long ago. 

I watched over Ven, who had been sound asleep for a while. "Ventus, why won't you wake up?" I turned to leave, but he started making noise, and opened his eyes, sitting up. "You're awake! Ventus, oh, it's a miracle! Terra! Master Eraqus! Ventus is awake!"

Every waking is a new journey. Maybe Ven left... because it was his time.

~Rachel's POV~

Snow white kissed the top of the dwarves heads, and left for the castle, as they waved goodbye.

At the time, I'd had no idea what an incredible thing love was. At least not until that moment. When the time came, I would come to understand how much of a miracle it really is.