Chapter 6: What Exactly Are You?

Katherina's POV

--Almost Breakfast, Left-Wing--

"My lady, the General requested that this letter is to be delivered to you and that you have breakfast with him in the grand hall," Lily said, she had previously brought me tea to help with the nerves.

I just finished taking a bath so I was still covered in my robe. Lily had already laid down what I was to wear. It was a simple slim fit silk stale coloured white dress, the material was so thin even the wrong movement could shred it to pieces.

It was comfortable, to say the least, the breezy hair that flowed through the castle made me appreciate the dress even more.

Lily stayed with me throughout the night, I finally expressed to her why I find it so difficult to accept me being here.

I've never been good at anything and I don't want to end up running this Kingdom to the ground. I'm still a bit resistant but Lily talked me into at least talking with the General before making a final decision.

After drinking the iced tea that Lily had specifically made for me, I opened the letter from the General and it read:

Dear Katherina Daventin,

On behalf of the council, I, General Lucian Williams will be your guide or perhaps your confidant. We will be expected to handle matters together as I train you in how to rule the Kingdom that will soon be yours. I look forward to our breakfast together, my Queen.

Sincerely,

Lucian Williams

It was almost breakfast, so after wearing my dress Lily led me to the dining hall. I was left at awe as the hall looked big enough to hold about a hundred people, probably more.

It consisted of four exits leading to the maze-like garden Lily and I got lost the other day. The grandest chandelier I've ever seen hung elegantly above the center of the dining table.

After regaining my composure, I noticed a man wearing a see-through V-neck button-up shirt at the head of the table was who I presume to be the General.

I didn't expect him to be so good looking although it didn't change the fact that his aura was undeniably cold and intense which scared me.

He was incredibly well built, you could see his muscles flex through his shirt as he drank the liquid in his cup.

He was gorgeous, to say the least, with his jaw that was perfectly chiselled, his beard only enhanced those features giving him a rugged look.

His onyx black hair only made his red eyes that seem to glow at will more enchanting.

I quietly took my seat beside the General afraid to make eye contact until I heard his voice, "I don't take you to be a coward, Katherina." Immediately, I knew he was talking about my avoidance of eye contact. I turned to look at him but his attention had been captured by the presence of the maids as they brought in our breakfast.

They all murmured 'My lady' or 'My lord' as they dropped our meals.

I didn't really pay attention to the food as I was more curious as to what the General had to say. "I prefer to be called Katherine, my Lord," I said boldly then reached forward to grasp my cup of water.

"Very well, then you may address me as Lucian. Forgive me if there have been any inconveniences." I silently shook my head. He seems so straightforward and uptight, it was quite difficult to know what he'd be offended by.

"You're not hungry?" he frowned at me whilst he was munching on a breadstick and sipping what was either wine or blood, I quietly shook my head. "I suppose we can just get into it then. Follow me, let's discuss in the maze." He offered, I felt slightly bad cause I didn't mean to disrupt his meal.