Chapter 24: Tiers One and Two

Katherine's POV

Alice and I were headed towards the training grounds, Elizabeth and the other went down earlier to check if their names were selected.

Personally, I didn't feel like having breakfast before heavy training, I didn't want to end up puking, so immediately after getting ready we headed out.

I was wearing a light-textured tank top and shorts, luckily the weather was relatively supportive.

We finally got to the training grounds, I never imagined this many people would be here. Basically, two-thirds of the entire school was here, the training grounds were massive so it didn't necessarily feel crowded.

Alice and I already met up with everyone, from the corner of my eye I saw one of the girls showing off by using her powers to levitate and surf around her friends.

A few moments later, a shirtless Lucian walked by us as he approached the centre of the field, trailing behind was Llewelyn who was also shirtless.

"Warm-ups, 500 laps around the school's perimeter using human speed," after Llewelyn spoke, groans from all over the field could be heard even from the witches.

"Sir, do we have to use human speed?" A relatively lean guy spoke as he groaned at the thought of it.

Lucian frowned and began to make an example of the boy, "Out," everyone including the boy looked shocked. "You're here to follow orders not question them,"

The boy immediately pleaded for forgiveness, but Lucian gave him a cold glare and ignored his presence as he watched the rest of us jog to the border.

I slowed down and steadied my pace until I was next to Lucian who was watching everyone from behind. "I'm the only human here, it would take me the whole day to complete 500 laps,"

"Then you better start now," I rolled my eyes as he went back to dismissing my presence so I ran a little to catch up to Elizabeth who was taking her time unlike everyone else who was close to the front.

After what seemed like forever those with human-like endurance finished the laps while I was struggling to keep my legs up. Everyone else finished a while ago and was being taught how to spar properly by Lucian.

As much of an ass he is, he's still devilishly handsome. And the fact that his tattoo disappears into his pants wasn't helping my case.

I finally got back to the field after dragging my broken legs from the border. As soon as I got close enough Elizabeth stopped sparing and ran to me, "You look like shit," she snickered.

"Guess what? I feel like shit," I rolled my eyes as I walked towards Llewelyn while Elizabeth walked back towards her partner.

"He's trying to kill me, you know that right?" I said, still trying to balance my breathing.

Llewelyn frowned, "Who is?"

"Lucian, he genuinely wants me to suffer," Llewelyn let out a hearty laugh that was contagious enough to make me laugh as well.

I noticed Lucian staring at us from where he was but I quickly averted my gaze, I was using the excuse of talking to Llewelyn as a chance to rest.

"How is that?" he asked while balancing the girl beside him as he continued her training.

"How is what?" I lost track of my train of thought as I examined the girl's technique, she was quick and precise, making it difficult for me to tear my attention away.

"How is he trying to make you suffer? I mean the training is a bit intense but if you continue like this for a bit then you'd be a lot stronger," Of course Llewellyn would defend him, what was I expecting.