Chapter 25: Lucian, Her Eyes

Katherine's POV

My head continued to throb and I couldn't take it anymore as I left darkness to engulf my eyes. I was still partially conscious as I felt myself being laid down on a bed.

However, my peace and quiet were soon disturbed moments later when I heard the door open. Why the hell was it so loud?

"It's worse than we thought, they have people everywhere. If they had killed her tonight, everything we have done the past 7 months would be in vain," I couldn't quite tell whose voice it was but it was definitely familiar, it sounded like Llewellyn.

Even though their voices sounded muffled and far away I still felt like there was something wrong with my hearing, like I was going deaf. I vaguely understood what they were saying though.

I was trying to open my eyes but they were so heavy, it felt like they were glued shut. "We have to do something, a display of power, anything,"

"A display of power wouldn't do anything but show them they have an effect on us," I'm confused, what happened? I mean I know what happened but who would be stupid enough to try and kidnap me in the middle of the main building?

"I don't think whoever did this had orders to kill Katherine, if they did, she would've been dead long before I got to her," another voice said, this time I couldn't recognize the voice due to the slight ringing in my ears.

"They wanted her alive, but for what?"

I felt someone walk towards me and a breeze of warmth came over my body, "I don't know but I will never take my eyes off her again, she'll be safe with me," that was definitely Lucian, his deep husky voice and masculine aroma gave it away.

I groaned in pain due to the throbbing going on in my head, it felt like my brain was pushing up against my skull, it was ridiculously uncomfortable.

I started squirming and finally, I opened my eyes slowly to realize I wasn't in my room but Lucian's room. "How are you feeling?" His large figure was slightly blurred in my eyes, I could only see a mix of colours.

"Lucian, her eyes," I wasn't quite sure how the person knew I couldn't see but at least someone noticed.

"Lucian, I can't see," I sat up on the bed and tried to blink away the haze in my eyes as I outstretched my arm reaching for him.

It was as if all my senses were going haywire, I could barely see, feel or hear anything. It was like my senses had been significantly dulled. "She has shadow eyes," What? What's wrong with my eyes?

I felt Lucian grab my arm as his blurred images came closer. Soon after I felt the bed beside me dip, "Katherine relax, you were injected with a poison meant for supernaturals,"

Out of desperation, I tried rubbing my eyes hoping it would go away, "Just rest, the amount you were given was very small but since your human, the effects will take longer to wear off, it should only last a few days or a bit more at most."

"I'm going to try and get some sleep, can we talk about all this when I've healed," I eased back down under the covers as I prepared myself to sleep.

"Of course, we'll take our leave now," I saw three blurred figures exit the room and then I felt Lucian stand up from the bed to walk out.

"This is your room, isn't it?" I couldn't tell for sure if it was his room, I just had a feeling. "Please stay, I don't want to be alone after everything that's happened tonight,"

All that followed was silence, I presumed he had already left but not long after I felt the other side of the large bed dip. "You can sleep now, I'm here,"