Chapter 17: History Lesson

Katherine's POV

"Okay, who would like to recap what we talked about last class?" Professor Logan queried as he sat on his desk scanning the room for who to pick.

He looked relatively younger compared to some of the other teachers I saw pass by in the hallway. No one seemed to raise their hand so he decided to call on someone, "Britney,"

Everyone turned around to look at the girl, "Ah sir, I wasn't here last class," a few people snickered and looked back at Prof Logan.

He simply laughed, "Very well," he looked around again, and his eyes landed on the person beside me, "Colin," I don't think Colin was listening because he continued sketching so I lightly tapped his hand, he looked at me in question and I used my eyes to point at Mr. Logan.

"Oh sorry, sir, the last class we ah...," Colin shifted uncomfortably in his chair while looking around, I turned back to see Nicole smirking and in the realization of what happened, I started chuckling. He had forgotten what happened last class so he was trying to stall.

"You see Mr. Logan this history class means several things to me, and one of those things would be my own personal past-," he was about to continue talking when a guy from across the room spoke up and finally answered his question.

"Colin, shut up," the guy from across the room rolled his eyes only to receive a glare from Colin then he turned back to Mr. Logan, "Last class we talked about the evolution of society,"

"Thank you, James, it's nice to see someone was paying attention," Mr. Logan turned back to the board and began to teach.

"Evolution can be defined as the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form." Mr. Logan wrote three words on the blackboard: Society, Species, Norms.

"If you compare the old era to now, the main things that have evolved are the society, societal norms, and species," I can't lie this class was relatively interesting, I was homeschooled, well more like online-schooled and I found history boring but here I am fully engaged and hanging on every word Professor Logan said.

"Open your textbooks to chapter five, page one hundred and six, whoever gets there please don't hesitate to read the first paragraph," I fumbled with the pages of the textbook until I got to page one hundred and six.

Colin tapped my shoulder silently asking if we could share so I placed the textbook in the middle. At the same time, a girl began to read the contents of the first paragraph, "As the world found out about the existence of supernatural beings things began to change drastically, safe zones for the supernatural were opened up to the world. Places like Peru, Elysian, Avingora, etc. were quickly invaded by the human population."

"This led to much commotion among the leaders of the world but things grew weary fast. Many things that are now accepted today were forbidden in the old era. One of which involved species and societal norms."

"As is known, a single breed supernatural cannot choose their mates, and as time went on werewolves were becoming mates with humans, vampires becoming mates with werewolves, this gave birth to the reign of hybrids."

"It was later on discovered hybrids had the ability to choose their mates through blood sharing, which only threw the non-supernatural population into further disgust of what their world had turned into."

"The humans and their supporters then created a law stating how initiating the mating process between two different species was strictly forbidden. It was believed that the gods would not allow such a demonic match to be made, the law stood strong and firm then it was so."