Chapter 14: Royal Academy

Katherine's POV

We've been in the headmaster's office for the past ten minutes, he went to get the documents Lucian requested. I stared at the glass ceiling and the clouds that passed me and I realized just how beautiful the scenery of the school was.

I watched as the headmaster re-entered the room. He was starting to piss me off, not once has he acknowledged my presence. I stuck my foot out ever so slightly and watched as he stumbled a little but managed not to fall, now he'll notice me.

His bright red eyes glared at me indicating he was a vampire and I slyly smirked at him. "You-" he raised his hand to slap me but Llewellyn caught his hand and shook his head telling him not to.

The man's eyes softened and he sighed as he went to sit down, ignoring what had just happened.

I was slightly annoyed but I felt a little guilty after realizing I shouldn't have done that. "What's going on? I haven't received word from anyone in the past few months," he handed what looked like documents to Lucian.

"Dane, we're losing control of the empire," Lucian mumbled, finally admitting what's been in all our minds. Dane immediately sat up and his brows furrowed looking directly at Lucian.

The academy was relatively secluded in its own way, maybe that's why he didn't seem to have much knowledge of what's been happening, I guess it better that way for the safety of the students here. It was still relatively close to the castle, it was probably a few hours long by car.

"There's a war brewing, the rebellion is getting stronger by the day. More and more people are starting to believe the throne has been corrupted," Lucian stood up and walked towards the window, he stared into the blissful view as he said the words that caused me to shiver. "They want the Queen's head," I looked up to realize he was staring at me.

Dane's eyes widened as he looked at me as if he realized who I was, "She's human, Lucian, vampires will not bow down to a Queen they see as food." I could tell he wasn't trying to be rude but that doesn't mean I didn't take a slight offence and to be honest, he wasn't wrong.

Llewellyn stepped away from me and moved to sit where Lucian was previously, "People are joining the rebellion for whatever reason there is," he mumbled something after but I couldn't quite catch that.

"Have you heard from Rio?" I turned my attention to Dane, as I wondered who he was referring to. Llewellyn shook his head. Wow, it's like we have no good news.

"We need an army, a strong one," Lucian said glancing towards where Dane sat in deep thought. It was like Dane finally caught up to what Lucian was referring to.

Dane nodded as he spoke, "Take as many as you need," Dane was about to continue talking but Lucian cut him off.

"We need only the strongest, we'll hold a tournament. We'll take them based on their rankings," Lucian said as he walked towards Dane's desk. "How quickly can you arrange this?"

"A week?" Dane seemed to be in question wondering if that was a decent time frame.

Lucian shook his head, "We don't have that much time, they need to start training on castle grounds. We get this done in two days, nothing more." Dane nodded as he scribbled what Lucian said on a piece of paper.

"Lucian," I said softly, this was the first time I spoke throughout the entire meeting and I was a little self-conscious as everyone's attention was on me. "What about the throne?" I keep being told that it's my place to be on the throne, a throne I've never seen.

Dane shook his head slowly, "She can't ascend the throne, at least not now, she'll be dead before the seat gets warm," he snickered lowly, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Okay, we get it. I'm easily killable.