Chapter 20: Play Fighting

Katherine's POV

I was in one of the training chambers, helping Henry get ready for his match. Alice and Nicole went with Alex to make sure he was ready and Elizabeth stayed with Nicolian who was watching over our seats.

So far I hadn't been able to watch any match, but all I could hear were the growls and the hits all the way from the tunnel to here.

Henry was trying to even out his breathing so I put my hand on his back to try and calm him down, "Hey, don't worry, you'll be fine," he simply nodded his head while I sat beside him.

I turned to look at him and I noticed as his eyes slowly darkened, "Let's just hope I don't fall on my ass," he chuckled trying to get rid of the tense air around us.

"Your match is in about ten minutes, try practicing with me," I offered but he responded like I was joking.

"I personally would consider fighting with you as next level animal cruelty," I couldn't help but smile as I shoved him away from me.

I stood up and I tightened my ponytail, "I mean it, Henry, you might learn a thing or two from me," I teased trying to pull his hands and get him to stand up.

He finally stood up and stood in front of me still chuckling at the idea of me and him fighting. "Okay, go ahead, come at me," it didn't seem like he took me seriously as he swung his arm sluggishly.

"Come on Henry," I pleaded, he only shook his head and stared at me in amusement. Fine, if he doesn't want to play, I'll make him play.

"Fine, try and block me," I smirked, before he even had a chance to respond, I swung a punch to his face but he ducked using his vampire speed and carried me up by my waist and started tickling me.

I laughed uncontrollably as I tried to get him off me, but only after several seconds had passed that he let me down on the floor gently, "It was never a fair fight, to begin with." I rolled my eyes and straightened out my biker shorts.

I was about to tease him some more but my eyes paused on the clock, "It's time, let's go,"

His smile slowly disappeared so I grabbed his forearm to give him a sense of reassurance of what I said earlier.

We left the training room and the other people that were there waiting for their turn. Half of the people that were fighting were in this training room on this side of the tunnel but there was another one at the end of the other one.

We had approached the ending of the tunnel and the cheers of everyone around could be heard. As we reached the tunnel's end the stench of blood down here was heavy, "I don't suppose you'd give me a kiss for good luck,"

I blushed looking at him and shook my head silently. We continued walking until we were visible to the crowd, since we were on the ground floor, being surrounded by this many people was enough to give anyone anxiety.

"Jasper Adler and Henry Rothenberg, please step out unto the field,"

My breath got caught at my throat as I looked at Henry, "I'm not nervous, I swear, I believe you can do this,"

He laughed then let go of my hand, "Maybe if I win this I can come back for that kiss," before I could respond he was already walking out onto the field. From the other side, I could vaguely see his opponent walking towards him.

They were roughly the same size but Henry was a bit taller and the other guy who was shirtless and barefoot also looked relatively more muscular than Henry.

I didn't know if where I was staying was safe so I left the front of the tunnel to stay by the staircase that led to the seats beside the tunnel wall.